1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Diamond Grades Out There?????????????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Browning Guy, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

Anybody dtill have any Diamond Grades out there? Just curious, I have only seen one other than mine, and it was a friend's top single combo, but mine is an unsingle combo.

2. clyslr

clyslr Member

I have a diamond grade my wife bought for me in 88. Its factory ported (Shark gills) and choked in Skeet & Skeet. It has appx. 15,000 rounds through it and has never been worked on. Clean & oil only! I'm a trap shooter so it doesn't get much use. It looks like new.

Clay Slayer

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Lynn Gipson at Kansas City Trapshooting in Smithville MO has two one single barrel and a combo set. See Lynn Gipson Quality Firearms at www.gipsonguns.com. Both are very nice. Best Regards, Ed

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Lynn Gypsum has had the ATA Hall of Fame a long time. makes no sense because it is very rare and quite collectable.

5. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

I have an O/U, top single, and an unsingle. The O/U has at least 100,000 rounds through it and needs a rebuild....cosmetically nice, but loose. Top single maybe 30,000 and is as new. The ungun has a couple thousand through it and is perfect.

Love my 101's !!

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

6. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

I shoot a DG combo 34/30, s/n DG49xxxx. Probably has 40,000 rounds or more on it. Has a Fabio release in it. Bought it new in 1989, still in 95+ percent condition. The combo case has the usual cracks and a couple of dings but still looks great, the whole setup still gets compliments.(like a Timex keeps on ticking).
    Also, my nephew has a nice 34" unsingle but he doesn`t shoot it. One of the guys at the club just picked up a real nice 34" top single. So theres three more.

7. shrek

shrek Active Member

I don't have one, but I do really like the looks of them 101 diamond grades.

Someday I'd like to get one,

but it is not feasible at this time.

8. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

I bought mine a couple years ago. 34" top single, factory ported with choke tubes. I added a graco adjustable system to it. I have only shot 1000 rnds through it. I bought it to shoot handicaps. I shot the pigeon grade so much
    that I can't shoot a single barrel. I swing right past angles with it.

Jason in PA

9. Browning Guy

Browning Guy TS Member

10. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

My dad owns a 32 inch unsingle Diamond Grade. Bought it new in the late 80’s from High Grade Shooters Supply. He still uses it today. Like most 101’s they do have a tendency to kick.

I found an old photo of Dad from 1994. I didn’t think I should post his photo on the net so I cropped it down a little so you could see the Diamond Grade. The picture was taken with a 35mm camera and didn’t really scan that clear but at least you make out the gun. You didn’t really seen many in 32 inch. I’ve handled both and I actually like the 32 inch length better.

Dale,

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.