1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any DB-81 users here?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Better than the TMX if that is possible. I've never owned one, but shot enough of them to know I'll own one when I find a #'s matching combo that hasn't been molested.

ss

2. john g.

john g. TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bill

I have had a TMX for a year now and about 2 months ago got a DB 81 O/U wish it was a combo but it is a late model. I will find a late model single for it some day.They are both GREAT guns and shoot about the same for me about 60/40. Quality very good the trigger springs are differant coil on the TMX and leaf on the DB81.

I hope this helps.

John G.

3. 16gun

16gun Member

I've owned my DB for one year now and it has been a great gun for me. It is a combo and both barrels are Wilkenson tuned. The bottom barrel and the top single barrel both have been set to shoot high. The bottom barrel of the O/U set print 100% high while the single is 90/10. You are obviously used to the rib height of your TMX so this would not be a change for you. Gun weight might take some getting used to, maybe? You will not be disappointed if you make the change. Jerry

4. TEXASBEN

TEXASBEN Member

I have been shooting one for 14 years. Great gun very little wear I do keep a spare set of triggers. All my barrel work is by Wilkerson the 34" top single shoots 90% high, the o/u both shoot same point of impact. Singel has .034 cons. and the o/u have .020/.030 cons. I shoot it very well when I an on. You will fall in love with it if you buy one mine is late 1980's manufacture.

Ben Dobson
    Corinth Texas

5. AJP

AJP TS Member

Bill, I have both a TMX and a DB81 combo. Love them both. Except for the additional weight of the DB81 you can hardly tell the difference in fit. The DB has leaf springs and the TMX has coil. Don't notice the differance. Al

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

A fellow that jsut broke 98 or 99 on the Saturday version of the DelTone-Luth Independence Classic shoots a DB81 Good score form any handicap distance. I have a Special, I'll sell. Wilkinson gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.