1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Cynergy owners out there?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by traedawg, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

Any one own a Browning Cynergy or shoot one? What do you think? Any problems or flaws with this gun. It looks like a really sweet gun, But want to no from someone who owns one.

2. oletymer

oletymer Member

I bought the sporting model in 2004. I like the gun so much I sold my Citori. I have only put a little over 4,000 rounds through it but have had zero problems.

3. L21L39

L21L39 TS Member

I have both a trap combo and a synthetic euro sporting. I love both. I shoot the 34" unsingle on 16 yd trap on a regular basis and have for almost two years. The gun has a nice balance and good pointability. Anyone who I have let try the gun has also liked it. I have had no problems with the gun function at all. The only minor glitch was I had to get two new screws for the rib where it attaches because I stripped out the heads trying to adjust the rib. They were loctited and needed just a little heat. I really like the stack barrels for doubles also, I got the 30". Much better swing than my 32" XT. I only have probably 1000 rds through the sporting model but really like the way it handles also. For what they cost, I think they are a very good value.

4. JRW

JRW Member

I have 4 cynergys 12,20,and 28 sporting models and a Cynergy classic trap O/U for doubles. I have had zero problems with them. The 12 ga. S/C was my first I bought it at the last grand in Ohio. I have shot a bunch of targets with it and no prublems. This helped me decide on the trap O/U for my doubles gun. Jerry in MI.

5. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

In my area you see one once in awhile but for the most part never took a hold. For some reason the Browning boys like the XT better.
    They tell me it has something to do with the triggers. I dont know I have never shouldered one so I could not say. With what I have herd the resale is probably going to be soft.

6. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

thanks everyone, I am thinking about buying one but I have not made up my mind. I bet the citori is a better gun in mosts minds but what do you think if you compared the citori and the cynergy?

7. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I had a 28" field, tried some trap with it and it didn't fit me. Broke a couple of 25s but couldn't put a good score up. It was me and not the gun. Only complaint I had was in the summer, the forend latch got hotter'n blazes during a match.

For some reason, after six or seven stackers, I go back to a single..can't seem to hit with the bottom on anything.

8. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I had one for a short time. Lousy trigger. About 6 pounds. I sold it
    because no one would install a release trigger. If you want a Browning,
    buy the Citori.

9. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

I thought about the Citoris but they are very pricy and myself being 18 I cant afford much

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Had one for a few weeks, not for me with the heavy creepy trigger. Browning should know better.

11. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I bought a Sporting Clays when they first come out, and I like it just fine. Mine has a very good trigger, light, no creep. It was recalled soon after I bought it and Browning returned it to me just after a few weeks with a very nice Browning knife.

These guns do not shoot like a Citori. Try both before you buy. The Cynergy has a much lower profile than a Citori because of it's different hinge design and mechanical triggers. Even though the Cynergy has a lower profile, recoil is less than a Citori, because of the unique recoil pad. I have 32" barrels on mine, but because they are lightweight like the Sporter, the gun is very fast and deadly on doubles.

12. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

I have always been a bird hunter and wanted to try the clays game. I didn't know what I wanted to focus on, trap, skeet, or sporting so I bought a 30" 2006 Cynergy Sporting for it's versatility, figuring it would get me started.

Pluses for the Cynergy: 1 Versatile. 2 Built like a tank. The monobloc hinge I don't think will ever wear out. 3 Low profile. Minuses: 1 It was so tight it took 1500 rounds for it to start to loosen up. Used every kind of oil & grease. 2 The forend would get so hot after about 15 birds it was a distraction. 3 The forend cracked after 3500 rounds. 4 Resale. Bad, Bad, Bad. If you buy, plan on keeping it for life.

After the forend broke I had it replaced with a 30" Citori XT. Loved it, not problem one, but by that time I had decided trap was the game.

13. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have 2 Cynergy's. Both are sporting one with a 32" barrel Euro and the other witha 30" barrel carbon fiber look. No trouble with then.

14. L21L39

L21L39 TS Member

I had A citori XT before I bought my combo. The trigger on my cynergy much better with less creep than the xt. The recoil is was a liitle less on the cynergy vs. the xt. The XT was not a bad gun but I would never go back. The cynergy is just smoother all around.

15. shooter 50

shooter 50 TS Member

I have a cynergy trap combo. 34" single and 32" double barrel. I have not had any major problems with it. In fact I like it so well I bought a second one about a month ago.

16. rrose

rrose TS Member

My vote for the Cynergy also. I had 2 xt's one with a custom stock and I liked the Cynergy better. It seemed to have less recoil, I guess because of the low profile. It just seemed easier to shoot well for me. I have now had 1 sporter and 2 unsingle combos and liked them all very well. I hope to keep the sporter I have coming now for a long time, this will be my 4th Cynergy, but like so many trap shooters my record for hanging on to guns is not very good.
    The xt is a great gun but they do fit different and swing very different and i think the best choice is the one that fits you and your style the best. imho
    randy

17. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

I think this has to be a personal choice, but Brownings are my fav,
    I had a Bt99 loved it, want to learn doubles, so I asked some opinions here also.
    Trigger issues on the cynergy are big, few will touch putting a release Trigger on one.

I felt the xt was a bit heavy and for a ladies hand I just liked the Cynergy better.

Shoot both make your own choice on what you like

deb

18. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

I would shoot both if I have the opertunity to. Thanks for everyones input!

19. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I don't shoot them, but there are threads on ts.com on how to set the trigger up...............

soon I think there will be a couple of young men that will have a release trigger, and be glad to help you.......

there are a lot of them, and alot of shooters...........

some one will step up.

tony

20. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

They are good guns from using them a couple of years- lots of design innovations that seem to work--

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.