1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Common Problems With Caesar Guerini's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SALPICAO, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SALPICAO

SALPICAO TS Member

Any Common Problems With Caesar Guerini

I was looking at the caesar guerini mangus or summit unsingle/combo, i was told by a dealer that dropped the C/G line that they were having alot of returns and complaints about the gun breaking down and cracking, he told me since im just starting out that i should consider the cynergy combo, can anyone give me some info because i really like the C/G but cant afford to get a gun that will break down on me. And which way should i go C/G or Cynergy

thank you

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I know 5 CG owners that shoot alot. No problems so far.

3. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Got mine last March. 6000 tgts no problems. Nice shooting gun, looks nice too.

4. chourico

chourico TS Member

I say go with a ljutic you wont have to worry that the gun is going to break down.Buy a ljutic you might save an american his job or possibley your own.

5. chourico

chourico TS Member

stop being cheap salpicao get some money out from under the mattress do you still have your first birthday money?LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

6. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I researched them for a year before I bought one, I may have heard one bad thing the whole time and I cant remember what that was.. No one close to me had one, but from everything I read I knew that was what I wanted, bought mine last year with out ever having picked up one.. and have shot a few thousand rounds through it.. fits me like a glove, no recoil at all and no mechanical issues.. they offer a free 3 time "pit stop" where you send the gun in and get it serviced.. Talked with one oguy on shotgunworld who has 30-40k rounds through his and not a hiccup.. I love mine..

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Buy a used CG. The factory is good about warrantee, even if you are the second owner. The resale will be good if you decide to not keep it. Even used Ljutics are near 1/2 the new price.

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

10K through my summit combo so far o problems and I shoot heavy handicap loads. Liftime warrente.

I made my states first team with mine this year and really like the way it shoots. I think the stock cracking issues-rumours were from the early sporting models.

9. SALPICAO

SALPICAO TS Member

CHOURICO not everyone can milk the system like you.

10. sstella

sstella TS Member

I bought a 2 year old CG maxum last season. The gun had over 5k rounds through it at that time. Late fall the fireing pin broke and I had to send it out for repair. CG turned the repair and did a pit stop all for free the only cost associated with this was the shipping and insurance. The gun has performed very well and would buy another if the right deal came around.
    As for the browning Cynergy I have a combo set for sale approx 2 years old and in very good shape. I liked the gun very much but the CG was a deal I couldnt refuse.

11. nhpennington@gmail.com

nhpennington@gmail.com TS Member

I shoot sporting clays and skeet with a CG Magnus Ltd and shoot trap with a Cynergy combo. The Magnus is my second CG because my Summit Ltd was stolen. I could not be happier with both the CG and the Cynergy. I went with the Cynergy because I wanted a combo and could't bring myself to put down the money for one from CG. I'm also pretty new to trap and think the Cynergy is great for someone just starting out. At this point, I have managed to adjust the Cynergy to fit me very well so I don't plan to upgrade any time soon as there is no need.

12. SALPICAO

SALPICAO TS Member

sstella could you send me a PM with some more info on the cynergy and do you have some pics?

thank you

13. bigdave35180

bigdave35180 TS Member

I don't know if you would be interested or not or if it still available but about two weeks ago I was in Mark's Outdoor Sports in Birmingham, Alabama and they had a Cynergy trap gun in excellent condition (looked as new to me) and it was tagged $1195. They have a website or their number is 205-822-2010 if you are interested....David

14. SALPICAO

SALPICAO TS Member

thanks to all for your advice, very much appreciated

15. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

eat your Wheaties. They are extremely stiff guns to open and close. I actually handled one with 10 thou thru it that still had to be bbl on the foot levered open and bulled to close. Yes it was lubed.

16. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

Well what a way for a Dealer to advise a guy..

Here is how it works..

Ceasar Buyers-----Scarce ;
    Browning buyers------plenty ;
    Profit from Caesar------minimal ;
    profit from Brownings------plenty ;

Which product would your Dealer recomend------priceless

I purchased my Magnus Combo last August and am exceptionaly pleased..

I used to use a Browning citori plus , and must say that the feel , balance and patterns of the old gun can not even be compared to the Guerinni..

Words can not explain how it shoots , but I am finding that for trap , I use a light Modified choke and am getting better smoke than IM\Full did with the Browning..

Make up your mind , after all it is your mulah!! but for me , I did not make a mistake..

Robert Appleby

17. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a Summit Comb with 30K + and zero problems. The was so good I bought two more sporting CG'a 12 ga and 20ga. The 12ga has about 10k on it and the 20ga about 4k. Again zero problems.
    Buy the Guerini and don't look back. If you call Guerini they can set up a Demo for you.
    John

18. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

I own a Summit Topsingle,nice gun shoots well and after 3k it loosend up for opening and closing. It cocks the hammers on opening so it is a little harder to open,but not bad. There are about 10 of us on our calcutta circuit that shoot CG without any problems-beyond being called ceasar salads-or salad shooters,but ir your walking away with green in your hand its OK!!PerryM

19. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

I agree with Newfoundlander The first thing He dropped them or they dropped him?? Second why would he steer you toward a firearm that he no longer sells or CAN sell! You were not going to get an honest answer.

For me I own two CG Summit Trap un-singles, both are super shooting guns, never had a problem. I have a Browning XS Special high post that I shoot skeet with and I'm going to sell it and get a CG Sporting!

Wes and the guys at CG USA will treat you like a pro if you ever have any issues! Buy one and you will not be sorry.

20. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I have a CG Impact Combo. I decided on the Impact Trap Combo (32" O/U and 34" unsingle) because I prefer a slightly lower rib. Have not had it very long, just over 2000 rounds through it and zero problems or complaints. Owned P, B and K guns before and without a doubt this is the best gun for me I have ever had.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
caesar guerini probelms

caesar guerini problems

caesar guerini summit limited review
caesar guerini summit limited reviews

caesar guerini summit sporting problems

caesar guerini summit sporting review
problems with caesar guerini shotguns
problems with ceasar guerine shotguns