1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Coal workers or users on this thread????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Fox32, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox32

Fox32 Member

If you are associated with the Caol industry in any way I urge you to go to www.drudgereport.com and see what Obama said he will do to the coal industry. Remember, expecially West Virigina when you vote!

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Here is what Obama thinks about the coal industry:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hdi4onAQBWQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hdi4onAQBWQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oh, and he has some issues with agriculture, transportation and construction too. Good thing none of these affect his union worker friends.(get ready for a good screwing you guys) Obama in Time Magazine:

"I was just reading an article in the New York Times by Michael Pollen about food and the fact that our entire agricultural system is built on cheap oil. As a consequence, our agriculture sector actually is contributing more greenhouse gases than our transportation sector. And in the mean time, it's creating monocultures that are vulnerable to national security threats, are now vulnerable to sky-high food prices or crashes in food prices, huge swings in commodity prices, and are partly responsible for the explosion in our healthcare costs because they're contributing to type 2 diabetes, stroke and heart disease, obesity, all the things that are driving our huge explosion in healthcare costs. That's just one sector of the economy. You think about the same thing is true on transportation. The same thing is true on how we construct our buildings. The same is true across the board."

3. Andy Moreland

Andy Moreland TS Member

4. Fox32

Fox32 Member

Bill,

Be sure and check out www.unionfacts.com A real look at the truth in Unions!

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"Do you really think the House and Senate (regardless of who is the majority) would let some of this stuff pass?"

ROFLMAO!

Pelosi and Reid are leftwing lunatics who will have Obambi tap dancing to the tune they call. Actually, I fear Obama's greatest damage to this Country will be as a rubberstamp for the Democrats in Congress. He certainly has never shown any stength of character to make be believe otherwise.

6. chessney

chessney TS Member

Likes to shoot: You hit the nail on the head. Your Union buddy...Ziggy

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

The Democratic Party has been hijacked by the Left. Look what they have done to has always put the Country over the Party and for that they ran a leftwing nutcase against him.

As so many have said, it is not that they left the Democrat Party, it is the Democrats that left them.

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

"Do you really think the House and Senate (regardless of who is the majority) would let some of this stuff pass?"

That's just the kind of attitude that will be the eventual downfall of this country. This country started going downhill as soon as people became complacent in their thinking and habits.

9. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Later on in the same interview Obama said:

"You know, when I was asked earlier about the issue of coal, uh, you know ā€” ) Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket. Even regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad. Because Iā€™m capping greenhouse gases, coal power plants, you know, natural gas, you name it ā€” whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, uh, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money on to consumers.

"electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."

"whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, uh, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money on to consumers."

And people who actually work for a living are voting for this Bozo.

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

"Do you really think the House and Senate (regardless of who is the majority) would let some of this stuff pass? You want to believe the worst so you believe anything. LOL"

That sounds like criticism to me. Especially with the "LOL" after it.

So now you want to whine?

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

So let me get this straight - the position of the buck-toothed union guys is, we'll vote for a candidate we _know_ is wacko on policy matters, but rely on the (also Dem.) Congress to prevent him from going too far overboard?

Uh...

12. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

Awa got to get in on this it started as WV well we just got rid of another 700 union dickheads this week . At the best we got dumbocraps that run it but we got real voters and gun owners that do vote for the good guy Guss what I will be first to cross the picket line rick in WV

13. M-16

M-16 TS Member

Obama said in his debate he's for nucler energy, but not nucler waste. I'm no nucler expert, but I think it's like a human you eat and you make waste. Or he's for trap shooting but against empty hulls.
    Obama Living proof of the need for birth control

14. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"According to the West Virginia Office of Miners' Health, Safety and Training, the coal industry provides about 40,000 direct jobs in the state, including those for miners, mine contractors, coal preparation plant employees and mine supply company workers.

West Virginia is the second largest coal-producing state in the country behind Wyoming and accounts for about 15 percent of all coal production in the United States. The Mountain State leads the nation in underground coal production and leads the nation in coal exports with over 50 million tons shipped to 23 countries. West Virginia accounts for about half of U.S. coal exports.

In addition, the coal industry pays about $70 million in property taxes in the state annually, and the Coal Severance Tax adds about $214 million into West Virginia's economy. The coal industry payroll in the state is nearly $2 billion per year, and coal is responsible for more than $3.5 billion annually in the gross state product.

"The only thing I've said with respect to coal, I haven't been some coal booster," Obama said in the San Francisco Chronicle interview. "What I have said is that for us to take coal off the table as an ideological matter as opposed to saying if technology allows us to use coal in a clean way, we should pursue it."

The senior vice president of the West Virginia Coal Association called Obama's comments "unbelievable."

"His comments are unfortunate," Chris Hamilton said Sunday, "and really reflect a very uninformed voice and perspective to coal specifically and energy generally.""

Ya think coal provides jobs, electricity and economic opportunity in Ohio and PA too? Coal fired plants produce 49% of all electricity in the US. Even a windbag like Joe Biden can't replace that blowing on a wind machine.

So, elect Obama and NO NEW coal or nuclear plants will get built for maybe 20 years. The US, with an increasing population of the underclass being supported by a decreasing percentage of the population that actually works, and pretty soon your kids and grandkids will be living in a third world country.

15. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Likes-to-shoot, Ziggy,

You union guys are under the impression that "it could never happen here". That's what they thought in Germany in the '30s. It can and will happen here - if you rely on the "good sense" or "good intentions" of avowed crazies like Peose and Reid. They are backed by enough other crazies to assure that it WILL happen.

Wake up and stop with the wishful thinking!

16. Fox32

Fox32 Member

Thank you JBROOOKS, well said!!! I am sure guys like Union Bill will think this is another right wing conspiracy. Remember to vote!!!!

17. RAScott

RAScott Member

Wow and to think the the journaists just sat on and hid this tape till now when it may be too late to spread the word. Well hopefully enough people spread the word and get out the VOTE!!!

Bob

18. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Here is what Obama thinks of anyone not kissing his ass.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XBMdWxcFXQg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XBMdWxcFXQg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

See a Pattern here?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rML9yEE46ls&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rML9yEE46ls&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Americans will just have to get used to freezing in the winter and burning up in the summer. It is what we will have to endure to save the planet from global warming and large greedy energy producing corporations. Obama is going to save us from ourselves. He is our new all knowing, all benevolent leader.

20. RAScott

RAScott Member

Just proves that "NOBAMA" is an arrigant ignorant A-hole who is only fixed on himself and his self inflated ego. I did not waste 30 minutes of my life to watch his gloating about himself. He believe that he is the only one who has struggled in this country and he makes me sick. EVERY Day that goes by we learn allitle more and for some weird reason apparentl 1/2 of this country doesnt care? It blows my mind. and John Mcain is NOT GEORGE BUSH!!
    Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.