1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Chrysler mechanics here?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Orange Irish, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange Irish

Orange Irish TS Member

I have a 2004 Sebring. Recently there has been a smell in the car. Today while looking for the source of the smell I discovered that there is water under the passinger seat. The metal of the floor is moulded so that it creates a "pocket" under the seat. this is the only area that is wet. I vacumed about 1/2 pint of water from this area. There is a hard plastic tube, which I believe is a rear heater vent that comes out of the center console into this area. I assumed that the moisture was coming from this tube, but it appears to be dry (inside and out). I drove it for about an hour, and the water returned, but the tube seemed dry. I also looked under the car to see if the water was coming from underneath, but there are no holes/gaps from the underside. Can water from the A/C get into this area? And is this a common problem? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Eddie

2. kriegart

kriegart Member

See if your A/C drain is stopped up.

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Maybe heater core under dash is leaking and bad. i see this happen in chryslers.

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

If it's clear water it's mot likely the A/C condensation drain is plugged. If it has some anti-freeze in it the heater is leaking.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.