1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any changes for lead shot in Canada?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ansvel, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ansvel

ansvel Member

Just called to Hummason. That man wants $38+tax, like it was 4 months ago.
    I mentioned about price dropping for lead, but he said like - we've invested lot of money a while ago and now we should get profit back..

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I know Hummason's operation fairly well. He buys 80,000 lbs. of lead at a time and converts it to shot. He charges a price based on what he pays for the lead and holds that price until he replaces it with the next batch of new lead.

His price has be $38 for some time, even when shot in the US was around $50 a bag. They didn't gouge us when they could have charged more a few months back. His price will come down when he purchases more new lead. You could try Lawry's and see if they have any Lawrence shot (905-765-3343). The other option is to drive to Mason Michigan. Ken's reloading supplies will be there on the weekend. There is a current thread (link above) on here where a fellow was asking the price of shot at the GLG. So far there is no price listed.

I suggest you buy what you need for the short time period ... the price will come down, it will just take some time. Bill Malcolm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hummanson lead shot