Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Any changes for lead shot in Canada?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Beretta687EELL 
#1 ·
Just called to Hummason. That man wants $38+tax, like it was 4 months ago.
I mentioned about price dropping for lead, but he said like - we've invested lot of money a while ago and now we should get profit back..

#2 ·
I know Hummason's operation fairly well. He buys 80,000 lbs. of lead at a time and converts it to shot. He charges a price based on what he pays for the lead and holds that price until he replaces it with the next batch of new lead.

His price has be $38 for some time, even when shot in the US was around $50 a bag. They didn't gouge us when they could have charged more a few months back. His price will come down when he purchases more new lead. You could try Lawry's and see if they have any Lawrence shot (905-765-3343). The other option is to drive to Mason Michigan. Ken's reloading supplies will be there on the weekend. There is a current thread (link above) on here where a fellow was asking the price of shot at the GLG. So far there is no price listed.

I suggest you buy what you need for the short time period ... the price will come down, it will just take some time. Bill Malcolm

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.