1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Cape Coral / Ft Myers FL trapshooters ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BarryA, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarryA

BarryA Member

I will be living in Cape Coral, FL for the winter (snow bird?) and would enjoy meeting trapshooters (skeet?) that I could get together with for shooting at whatever clubs might be available (ATA or social). PM me here or email direct at barry45acp@aol.com

Thanks!

Barry

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Port of the Islands east of Naples is a nice place to shoot too.

3. BarryA

BarryA Member

I checked with Port of the Islands last year. As I recall they were charging $9.00 per round. I believe their targets must have gold inlays for that price.
    Thanks for the referral.

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Barry, no Problem you can drive across the state and shoot at Markham Park with us in Fort Lauderdale for the same price as well!!! There are no cheap targets in this state!!! Break-em all. Jeff

5. BarryA

BarryA Member

Jeff,

Thanks again for the information. I'm apparently spoiled with the $3 per round prices here in Michigan ($4 for non members). Our club does fine paying the bills!

Barry

6. wopahoe

wopahoe Member

drive a little ways and shoot at Sarasota. Bill Vosnos runs the shoots and is a super nice guy.

7. 320090T

I remember practice being high at PoI and that you could shoot registered cheaper than practice. Thought that was odd.

8. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Sarasota trap Club, Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays, my wife shot trap tourney there today and has been shooting off and on there for 5 years.

9. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Travelling to Florida in the 80's & 90's to shoot. With family in Fort Myers,
    I always ended up in Sarasota , Silver Dollar os St Petersburg.
    My wife and I often have had seperate holiday's in Florida
    I did shoot practise in North Fort Myers once a long time ago.

Joe Woods/Ontario

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Actually Barry You can shoot at Markham Park for $7.30 a round if you buy 10 rounds at a time. So that's abit better than Port of the Isles. We shoot Reg. skeet targets first Sat. and Sun. of the month. Reg. Trap targets on the second Sat. and 4th Sun. of each month and practice targets all month long. Sporting clays course is open Thurs. Sat. and Sun. but you need to call ahead to pay and get a starting time (they shoot Reg. targets once a month as well). 5 stand is open Thurs. Sat. and Sun. and sometimes during the other days of the week. Come on over and I'll be happy to break some clays with you. I'll even let you pick the game/games. Break-em all. Jeff

11. flylta13

flylta13 TS Member

Only way to get "cheap" targets in Florida is to go to a public range and throw your own but not the same. Cheapest targets in the fort Myers area are at Sarasota. Working on trying to get the county to open a club here but no luck yet...

12. Baber

Baber TS Member

A lot of people don't understand that in Florida we are at the end of the supply chain. Our targets come from the same factory but have to be transported 1000 extra miles. same is true of shells, shot and components so it's much more expensive to shoot here than up north.

TB

13. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

$3.50 to $5 for members are the norm in Central Florida but we are a long way from Fort Misery.

14. BarryA

BarryA Member

Still looking for additional people (as indicated in my original post) in Fort Myers / Cape Coral (Florida) that would be interested in getting together this winter for trips to various clubs to shoot (trap/skeet).

Barry

15. 320090T

What does a case of targets cost delivered and taxed in South FL?

16. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

$4.50 at the Silver Dollar

17. BarryA

BarryA Member

18. BarryA

BarryA Member

Pull -

Cape Coral sounds like a great place for someone to open a trap/skeet/clays facility. Looks like I'll have to devote more time to my ham radio hobby.

Barry

19. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

We get $3.50 a round for members and #5.00 a round for non-members, we shoot Thursday evening and Sunday afternoon in Chuluota , east of Orlando
    Woody

20. BarryA

BarryA Member

Thanks for the recommendation, however Orlando is really a long trip!

Barry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap shooting cape coral fl