1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Browning Double Automatics out there?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dbl Auto, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I am a big fan of the old Browning Double Automatics. I shoot my Grandfather's trap model now and then for fun. The different colors of the receivers are fun to collect. Anyone else have or enjoy this model?

2. bubba68

bubba68 Member

I have one - handed down from my Grandfather as well. Black receiver with gold inlay/scrollwork around the edges of the receiver. Nice looking piece of iron!

I have never used it in the 10-15 years I have had it. Seeing your picture of yours, makes me realize that I need to get it out of the safe now and then. I am sure Grandpa would be smiling down from heaven if I smacked a few dove with it.

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I got one!! A mint Twentyweight.....vent rib, mod. barrel....shoots great, kicks like a mule.....LOL!!!

Ken Rucker

4. sl93z

sl93z TS Member

I picked up a double auto last year from a guy who needed to pay some medical bills. I knew nothing about them and originally thought that he had an auto 5 (he adverstized it as a "2 auto"). I took a look at it, spent a day doing my research, and brought it home the next day. It has the steel reciever, recessed channel rib, and a factory polychoke. I took it COMPLETELY apart, cleaned everything with kroil, lubed it up, and now it is my safe queen. I am very impressed with the design, craftsmanship, and hand fitting of the parts: it truly is a work of art by some old-world craftsmen.

Ken

5. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Ken, If you lubed the bolt you may find that it will not eject the fired shell. They are not to have extra lube in that area as it makes the bolt work too fast so that it catches the shell before it is completely ejected.

6. JRD08

JRD08 TS Member

I know where there is a double for sale. I believe the gun is new or in very close to new condition. If someone is interested send me some mail and I can check it out for ya.

7. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Ruck...

Now what you need to make that Browning complete is a set of Double Automatic factory snap caps. They look just like high brass 12 gauge paper shells and they have the Browning as well as the Double Automatic logo on them. E mail me and we will work something out.

Rank

8. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Hey, Jim! I'd love to have them....I remeber the ones Dad had that came in the box with his......let me know what you want....email is above.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.