1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Body Out There Shoot A MX7, Good/Bad???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bryce720, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

Just like the title says, I am wondering if anyone out there shoots and MX7. If so what do you think of it. How does it compare to modern P-guns such as the MX12. Anyone have one for sale?? Thanks

Bryce

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Isn't that what Kim Rhodes shot to win all those Olympic medals before it was stolen?

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

MX-7 is the last model with round monobloc. Very similar to the MX-5, sharing the same plain side receiver and non-detachable trigger with barrel selector on top tang.

A good gun for the money. Round monobloc and coil spring like 680 and K-80.

BTW, Kim's old gun was a MX-12.

4. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

Had one in the ninetys when they first came out and it was a good gun and like most perazzis it did kick a bit. Ended up with tmx. jim w.

5. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

One of our best local trap shooters bought a Perazzi MX-7 as his first "trap gun" when they first came out.

It is still his only trap gun.

He wins a lot of trophies with it in all three -- Singles, Handicap, and Doubles.

This year, he had it serviced for the first time in 20+ years of use.

The factory service found nothing wrong and it didn't cost much to do.

He says the service didn't cause any harm and he is still winning trophies with it.

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

The last round monobloc gun WITHOUT a detachable trigger. The MX3 and MX6 have detachable triggers.

The above guns came with EITHER coils spring triggers or leaf triggers. My MX6 combo came with leaf springs and extrenally selectable trigger.

I've not see many, and I can't even think of one, coil spring MX3 or MX6 gun ever here at the shop.

WW

7. Bryce720

Bryce720 Active Member

Thanks for the info guys.

8. hettinger

hettinger TS Member

my wife has been shooting her mx7 combo for approx 12 years and has loved it. She shoots approx 7-10,000 rounds per year. Just this past Grand she finally did decide to purchase a mx10 combo but would no way consider trading in the 7, for fear she may not like the 10 as well. Never broke a firing pin or coil trigger spring, but did routely have them replaced.

9. drgondog

drgondog Member

Like the Whiz - I have been shooting Perazzi's for a very long time dating back to Perazzi-Fabbri partnership. The reason I keep what I acquire is solely based on the POI for bottom and top barrels. Everything else relative to quality is a given and a high standard.

BTW - a plug for Jim White. I recently sent a set of SC3 trigers up to him for a swith on release sequence. The triggers are perfect break and pull. Thank you sir.

Bill the Curmudgeon,
    Scurry TX

10. Fred Neal

Fred Neal Member

Any Day shooting any Perazzi is a great day.
    Breakemall
    Fred PS do you still have your Kreigoff?

11. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

I bought an MX7 new in '94....shot it until 2 years ago when I bought a Blaser. Mine was Xfull in the top sinlge & mod/xfull on the O/u. Best I ever did with it was 96 from the 27 in caps using the top single. Served me very well for all those years. Had it gone through the same year I bought my Blaser & still carry it as a back-up gun. I have no complaints!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
anyone shooting a perazzi mx7
perazzi mx7 trap

what is a perazzi mx7