1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

== Any Blasers NOT for Sale? ==

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GW22, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Not to be a smart alec, but is everyone who owns a Blaser trying to unload it? I saw very few of them until the last couple years and at least 7 out of the last 10 I've seen at local clubs turned out to be for sale. I've never seen a gun with such a disproportionate percentage of owners trying to sell them. What's wrong with them?

-Gary

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Gary,

Ask Earl. He preached and preached about how great they are. Then when his fell apart while shooting and scared the living sh!t out of him he changed his tune. He still swears by their rifles but won't hesitate to tell you about the issues he had.

One of my shooting friends had one of the first Trap models. It spent more time at the shop than in his hands. He defended that gun to no end until he traded it away after yet another trip to the shop. Sure they covered all repairs but who wants to own a gun that lives at the repair shop?

What i don't get is why they defend a gun that has so many issues. Are they trying to convince themselves they made a good purchase? Does Blaser brainwash them into thinking its normal? LOL

I know this much, you won't see me shooting one.

Matt

3. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

I shoot a Blaser Super Trap and love it. My scores have gone way way up since I got it and adjusted it to my liking. Went from an 89 average at singles to 96. Last ATA was a 97.

Swing dynamics, adjustability, patterning, etc are exceptional for the new ones. Super fast lock time. Better standard wood than P or K.

The system is modular; change the stock and barrel, and you can shoot a different game and gauge.

Ten year warranty, so I am not worried.

To each his/her own. For me, it's Blaser.

Dave

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I had one of the new super trap combos. It wasn't a bad gun but give me kick in the cheek once in a while. I traded it for a k 80 and there is no comparison. The blaser is in the same league as a CG but should never be mentioned in the same sentence as a K gun. This coming from someone who has owned them all.

5. yendor12

yendor12 Member

Went from CG to a Blazer and love it. I agree with Dave 320c on all his points. I think the Blazer has improved recoil compaired to CG> I shot 1oz with CG and now shoot 1 1/8 with Blazer. I can not compair to the K or P guns except for looks. Rod

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Had Tron put a gracoil on my F3 Super trap. Shooting the best doubles scores than with any previous gun. With the weights added it is 10.75 pounds.

Wish they would get their top single introduced. Pat McCarthy shoots one, and so do a few other good shooters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.