1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any background/info on a Remington 90-T

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 28410, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 28410

28410 TS Member

I have been looking at a Remington 90-T. I have a couple of questions:

I understand it was made by Kolar, is this the case?
    Has anyone shot one and what was their experience?
    What is a general dollar value range at 95% condition?

Thanks!

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Stand back, here it comes.

HM

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Just type in 90t into the search engine on this site and your questions will be answered!

Maybe some new bait is needed for this one!

ec90t

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Made by Kolar and built like a tank. Price depends alot upon the model, but relatively inexpensive. HMB

5. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

28410 - Let me start. I own one.

Mine weighs in at just over ten pounds; a little heavier than some other guns; ergo, felt recoil is slightly lower.

Mine has a low rib. Heat waves are more noticeable that higher ribbed models, after a lot of rounds through it.

The barrel is 34", fixed, ported, full choke. I also have a second barrel that came with the gun; it has screw-in chokes, not ported.

When I do the job, it turns targets into orange powder.

I bought mine used, and I've put about 7.5k rounds through it. Absolutely reliable. Locks up very tightly. The only misfires have been some Rem Gun Club shells which were defective.

I switched from a Perazzi, and a Browning BT-99 Plus. This gun, probably because of the weight, feels more solid.

That stated, I'm still considering some stock changes (Gracoil, etc.). However, my next stop is a refit of the stock. It fits well now, but I'm attending Kay Ohye's class this spring, and I wan't some flexibility in the stock to allow for any changes he may recommend.

Remington had a real winner with this gun, but evidently differences with Kolar arose, and the partenship was dissolved.

Best,
    Dennis

6. TomB

TomB Member

28410 I've had the original one that remington pictured in their flyers. Been shooting it for about (2) years. Had Kolar put a release and tubes but later switched to Briley tubes. The gun is heavy but swings very smoothly.If you're looking to buy one you might ask if it has the updates. A more reliable system to hold the forearm on and a different locking design. You can have these done by Doug Braker who is the Guru on 90-T's.(he's probably already seen this) Although mine has not had the updates, I've had very minimal trouble with it. I had a K-80 before and it took me awhile to adjust to a top single but I'm shooting it pretty well now. If you want a real detailed blow-up and history of the gun, I can get it through another person for you. TOM B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.