1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any auto mechanics out there???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jimborn, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimborn

Jimborn TS Member

I recently bought a Izusu Trooper (1989) I was driving home from work today, hit a bump in the highway, and it died and will not start. What happened???
    I'd like to use it for trapshoots, but what gives???

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Could be a lot of things. Most likely a corroded wire. I'd take a close look and while someone is turning the key, jiggle some wires around (jiggle test) and see if something happens. If it does, you've isolated the problem area.

Just my thoughts.

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

You didn't indicate any basic's. Is it still firing. It has a fuel cutoff to cut the fuel pump off should you have an accident. It will sometimes engage when you hit a hard bump or curb. I don't have a clue where the reset is on a trooper though. I will try to find where it's located and pass on to you. Jackie B.

4. 5spd

5spd TS Member

Fusable link perhaps from the alt??
    Check you engine fuse also if it wont start(in the fuse box)
    Happened to mine eons ago.

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

My guess is you broke the main ground connection check the cable going from the negative side and positive side of the battery and make sure they are tight and not green or corrided at both ends of the cable. Then take a piece of wire and bare the ends and connet one end to the negative cable at the battery and the other end to a fender bolt and see if the car starts

6. vdt

vdt Active Member

check fuel pump and connections

7. Jimborn

Jimborn TS Member

Thank you people SO MUCH, I'm really stupid when is comes to vehicle Stuff!!
    The thing fires just fine, in fact, I'm suprised I have not run may battery down. The thing will fire up just great, I do smell gas, I'm not giving it any on the pedal, but the thing will not kick on. I did try pushing (at one time, the pedal to the metal for a period, but nothing! Just tried a little bit ago, after setting for 4 hours, still turns over nicely, but won't start.
    This thing is in good shape, and would be perfect when the sun comes out here in Western Nebraska and the targets are in my favor. Thanks people, and if you send me an address, I'll send you some goose jerky, it's great, got lots, no charge, buy me a beer at a shoot some time. Thanks again Jim

8. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

What did you figure out? Jackie B.

9. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

If it has an electronic control module in the distributer, that has gone bad, that can cause the symptoms you describe. Also check the ECM fuse first. Ray

10. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

If the vehicle came with an owner’s manual check the location of the fuel pump inertia switch as mentioned prior. If you smell fuel then it would be ignition related, most likely a poor connection somewhere. Start un-plugging connections under the hood and re-connecting them. This usually will allow the vehicle to re-start, typical dies on the road issue. Also check all ground connections at battery and on the body-fenders as mentioned prior. Good luck

Domenic

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

please tell me you bought this out side the rust belt!!! those have a lot or rot issues here in north east. Dpending on the harshness of this bump. I would check to see what you are missing, spark fuel ect ect. dead stop, my first guess is you lost a ground or sensor. at that age the magnets in the cam/crank pickups are in poor shape, a good bump can render them useless. Good luck, piss poor year for electronics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.