1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any advantage of a Citori over a BT99 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hungarian, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hungarian

Hungarian TS Member

I was wondering if there is any shooting advantage of a Citori O/U versus a BT-99 (other than the Citori can be used for doubles).

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

No. The BT99 is probaly better for singles/handicap anyway. It is specificlly designed for singles/handicap Trap shooting. Thats my story and i'm sticking to it.---Matt

3. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

I agree with Matt. I have one of each & if you don't intend to shoot doubles, the BT is the way to go. It's a sturdier built gun designed just for trap. John

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

If you have to shoot a Citori of similar O/U in a cross wind you'll find that the wind pushes the O/U around much more than it affects the single. The stack of barrels acts just like a sail.

MK

5. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Have both BT and XT, for anything other then doubles I will use a single barrel. It gives your mind many things less to worry or think about.

1. Will it shoot better with top or bottom?

2. Does this choke work better in this barrel then that choke?

3. 2 barrels= more weight shootin 200 birds or all day event just got tougher.

4. Wind will affect it slightly as the sail effect.

On the other hand

1. You have a heavier gun not as much percieved recoil.

2. You have an extra barrel and fire pin should you chip or break 1.

3. You are basically ready to play any shooting game.

4. Resale is always better.

Jerry Lewis

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"... I surmise it would take a pretty damn stiff wind to move either man or gun."</i></blockquote>

You surmise incorrectly. It may take a stiff wind to move a man but it doesn't require nearly as much breeze to push the barrels of an O/U sideways enough to cause a miss.

MK

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

If you can only buy one shotgun----- I say go for the O/U every time. A single barrel gun is only good for trap, but a O/U can be used for everything including hunting. Buy one with the overbored barrels and choke tubes and go have some fun. Just find out if you like A 30 or 32 inch barrel and don't look back. You can always get a single barrel down the road if you like, but keep the O/U. My 2 cents. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.