1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Any 391 barrel experts out there ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

I recently acquired a Beretta 391 Tekneys with a 32" step (fixed) rib trap barrel with multiple choke tubes. I plan on using the gun for 16 yard/handicap trap and some sporting clays. I also would like to shoot a few rounds of recreational skeet and would like to add a shorter barrel.

I did a little research on the Beretta website and didn't find anything. Then searched : gunsamerica, gunsinternational, gunbroker, etc without any real success.

I have Remington 1100's, 870's and a Winchester Super X1 with several barrels for each one - all just a simple trade-out. Since I've not owned a Beretta autoloader before, can anyone advise interchangeability for Beretta barrels and what I should be looking for plus where. i.e. Do I have to look for a "Tekneys" barrel or will the various Beretta 391 barrels fit any of the "different" 391 receivers or is there such a thing ?

Thanks in advance

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Just make sure to get an Mobil or Optima (you didn't specify which one you have) and everything else is good.

ss

3. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Any 391 barrel will fit. As stated there are two different choke styles.

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

There are fit issues involved with the forearm. Thus the question as to which style of choke your barrel has.

ss

5. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

The existing barrel has mobil chokes - the stock/forearm are custom Cole wood.
    So I should look for mobil choked barrel - any suggestions for after market, either under "looking to buy" on here or somewhere else ?

6. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i've never seen a tekneys w/ a mobil choke barrel

7. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

come to think of it- i have a 28" mobil choked barrel for a 391 to sell-- $250--wally riebesell 660-744-4115

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.