1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

any 1 selling a used gps??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by need to shoot more 2, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. need to shoot more 2

need to shoot more 2 TS Member

I am intreasted in buying a used gps any thoughts good or bad? have one for sale? shoot me a e-mail, thank you in advance, Jim Z.

2. famill00

famill00 TS Member

What are your intentions for the use of the GPS? I have a Garmin IQUE 3600 that does all the palm pilot stuff AND doubles as a gps. It plugs into a mount on my dash and does voice guided routing. I would highly suggest any Garmin unit. They are one of the oldest and in my opinion the best.

Forrest

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I get GPS on my cell phone through Verizon Wireless for $ 10 a month and it works as good as any. In fact, it's better if you're inside or don't have a clear view of the sky because it works off the cell towers. However, if your cell phone won't work in an area, your GPS won't either.

I also have a Garmin Streetpilot I5 which works great. I paid $ 500, but they're selling now for about $ 300. I would avoid buying a used GPS because if the map hasn't been updated for a few years it will probably cost you about $ 75 for an ungrade.

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Jim, not sure what kind you are looking for,but I have a Garmin eTrex personal navigator that I used for hunting and boating. I just purchased a Lowrance H 2oc because it has lake maps on it. I paid 119.00 for it. Cabela's and Bass Pro sells them for 100 now. will sell for 50.00 if you are interested in this type. Thanks, Steve

5. smartass

smartass TS Member

Only a dumbass would buy a used GPS when they don't cost much to begin with. JMO

6. ccridr

ccridr Member

JMO Don't hold back, tell us what you really think.
    Colby

7. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I do appreciate all {most} of the feed back ,the verizion is a nice option and I was not aware of it and the upgrades was another senerio I did not think of, I am just a little tired of map books and highlighted Google maps and as far as the personal navigator I was intreasted in a larger moible mount thanks again.

8. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

get a garmini NUVIM 660 OR 360. it will take you anywere. just punch in address, town etc. street by street, tells turns before you get there. screen and voice. my wife and i both have one. love it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.