1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio (Tony) De Simone Perazzi TMX SCO Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nutty1, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nutty1

nutty1 TS Member

i can't help you, but i love tmx's and that is without a doubt the prettiest one i have ever seen

2. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

He lives and runs his business in Arizona, in the Phoenix area. He is at all the big shoots here, he will be at the Spring Grand in Tucson. I used to have his phone number but can't find it now. I'm sure you can find it on the internet. Maybe try ADS place ??

Tom Strunk

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

That would give any man a woody

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

lol Would that be an SCO woody, Cubiancigar?

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Look at the grip cap and youi may see the tell tale mark of a custom woodworker here in america. The stock has several traits of Dockwiller wood. I may have spelled that name wrong but it sure looks like one of his stocks. He ws big on ribbons like the one on your forend as well as the ribbon right on the side of the grip. should be a little gold/greenish spot on the bottom of the grip. Where a grip cap would be a on " lesser" shotgun! Jeff

6. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

I see him at the trap shoots alot and out practiceing every once in awhile. I will print this thread and give it to him for you if you would like.

Hi Tom how have you been? I haven't seen you around in a couple shoots will you be going to the spring grand? I'm still trying to get the hang of that new stock on my citori but when i get it figured out that will be a sweet shooting machine, right now all it does is look pretty.

Mark Williams

7. chuckles

chuckles Member

Hi Mark, Yes do a print of my post and give it to Tony to read, that would be great, maybe the pictures will jog his memory and he will remember the gun...

I'm trying to find out who made the stock and who did the engraving for Perazzi, if it was inhouse or jobbed out in Italy.

Any additional info will help...

Thanks

Chas

8. JJM

JJM Member

Give Tony a call here is his number 623-872-8522.
    He lives in Avondale, AZ

9. chuckles

chuckles Member

10. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Mark --

This is quail hunting season for me. I'll probably be at Ben Avery's shoot the middle of January and I'll be at the Spring Grand for sure.

Tom Strunk

11. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

If you ask me, the engraving and checkering patterns are not Perazzi at all. Perazzi does not commission any engraver in Italy that does this type of engravings. The stock is certainly not Perazzi nor Italian.

12. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

These are similar patterns to the engraving Tony had been getting on his high-grade TS-2000's (Seitz-clone) and they are very nicely done. Tony told me they were engraved in Italy & I believe him.

The TMX is clearly marked ADS on the receiver so no one is trying to pass this off as a gun that left the factory already engraced when new.

P.S. ADS are his initials -- Anthony DeSimone

13. chuckles

chuckles Member

14. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

There would be something wrong with anyone who would not be proud to own that artwork. WOW! Bill

15. chuckles

chuckles Member

16. mflora

mflora Member

In the 80's ADS engraved guns were quite common. I had an ADS MX3 live bird gun that I bought from Jaquas. I think Tony had the guns done in Italy. Some of them were done in the Perazzi patterns but not all. Mine was one of the SCO patterns but clearly marked ADS. Wish I still had it.
    Mark

17. mflora

mflora Member

PS - That is not a Dockweiler stock.
    Mark

18. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Tony had those guns engraved in his home in Louisville, CO. I think it started in 1981......... I lived 5 minutes away from Tony & was at his home almost every day eating, drinking, & watching these guys, ( Vasco Rivera, Claudia Tomassoni, Bregoli & others working........ These guys would go days without engraving, & drove Tony crazy....But when they started a job - they would work till complete.... I had my Ljutic engraved by Tomasoni, it was incredible to watch these guys do their magic...Tony had paid all their expenses 100% to come to America to perform their great work...............Pete

19. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Chuck - check your PM...............Pete

20. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"There would be something wrong with anyone who would not be proud to own that artwork."</I></blockquote>It's cute, but art work costs and doesn't make the gun any more effective. Much rather see fancy cutting on a silver plate or goblet... something that is meant to just sit around and be looked at.

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dockweiler gun stock for sale

perazzi dealers in phoenix az
silver seitz vs ts2000 de simone
tony de simmone perazzi
tony de simone arizona
tony simone shotguns
tucson az perazzi gunsmiths tony
tucson az perazzi gunsmiths tony simone