1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonin Scalia - 60 Minutes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by spitter, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Anyone watch 60 Minutes last night. It was a quite lengthy piece on Justice Scalia and his "originalist" thinking as it pertains to the Constitution.

Scalia was actually quite personable, which from the liberal media, you would never know...

Interesting to hear his comments on some of the issues and how his Catholicism does not play into his decisions. I was astounded by the size of his family considering he was an "only child". Tough, but extremely smart guy...

I also found it interesting, that Leslie Stahl tried to make him seem vulnerable with his Harry Blackmun Letter, but it seemed to humanize him even more - I also found his friendship with Ruth Ginsburg (sic?!) somewhat ironic, but when you hear how they speak of each other away from the bench - it offers a completely different take on them and their relationships without their robes...

regards to all,

Jay

2. pdq

pdq Member

Very interesting interview. Strong personality, very smart, but not the least bit arrogant -- an easy going guy. And, nice to see someone using the Constitution to rule as opposed to other criteria.

Pete

3. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

It was a rerun. Post-2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.