1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anton Stock??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shark, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shark

Shark TS Member

Looked @ an MX8 with a stock made by a maker by Anton. Do any of you have any info as to the maker?
    Thanks

2. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

How do you know it is a Anton stock? Did he mark them in a special way. What made his stocks special? I had what I thought was a Anton roll over stock but it wasn't

3. Shark

Shark TS Member

The Salesman @ Cabelas in Rapid City said it was an Anton Stock. Had a very unique grip cap inlay with different wood and a very significant rollover. When did Anton pass away and what age would this gun be?
    Thanks

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Can,t tell the age of the gun by the wood ?? The stock could have been put on last week or ten years ago .

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

His son in law took over where he left off and they are still made to this day. Jeff

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Dave P the most reconisable feature of the Anton stocks was the different colored wood he used on the bottom of the grip it was a block I think it was Rose wood but im sure others will know.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/trap/Guns/?action=view&current=IMG_4008Medium.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/trap/Guns/?action=view&current=IMG_4004Medium.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

This one was made in 1983

Foggy

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Contact paul hillmer in Hudson Iowa, Paul was Antons apprentice for many years. Mr Anton has passed away. Paul will make an Anton style stock on request (319)988-3941. He may have a web site. Dave

8. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

Anton did some nice work.

9. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

i had one on a k-32, danny56 thats the nicest 1 i have ever seen. also they have a dowel or peg holding grip cap.

10. Shark

Shark TS Member

Thanks for the info. Based on the info in the above posts the gun I looked at is definatley stocked by Anton. It doesn't fit me but if anyone is interested it is available @ the Rapid City, SD Cabela's
    thanks much

11. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I have memories of the line-ups in the 70's at Anton's booth (East End next to P-W ) at the Grand American/Vandalia,Ohio.Waiting to have a stock fitted. A young man on horse back could spot an Anton Stock on a shotgun. He must have made 100's for ll00,870s and m-12s.
    I apologize for showing my age.

Joe Woods/Ontario

12. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Beautiful wood. I am still in awe.

13. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

A year ago I got a call from a guy in Iowa who'd had taken over the Anton stocks that his friend had pruchased. His friend had purchased the inventory of Anton stocks.

The "friend" was serving some time for what I can't remember, but the guy wanted me to help him sell the stocks. I was involved with the company that made all of the wood Weatherby stocks here in Rapid City for Weatherby, so he thought I had a means to accomplish the selling.

The guy never got back to me, but he said he had a bunch of them.

Perhaps someone here on ts.com may know of this guy in Iowa.

Whiz

14. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

about a year to year & a half ago i bought an unfinished anton for a tm 1 from a guy in laporte city iowa.said he had several anton stocks. can,t remember his name but i bought it off ebay dwain

15. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

dbc61451 Dwain if you remrmber where you got the Anton for your TM1 please let me know.

16. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i had 2 of them i sold one to otnot in alaska .he posts on here.the other went to maryland i believe,dwain

17. otnot

otnot Active Member

Yes I have a couple of Antons stocks:

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=DSCN1921_edited.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=MD122_edited.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

18. trapman69

trapman69 Member

Anyone have a set of left hand anton trap for a model 12?? Tom R

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

anton gun stock

anton gun stocks

anton gunstock maker
anton holder gunstocks

anton rollover stock

anton rollover trap shotgun stocks