1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

antique target thrower

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 73058, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 73058

73058 TS Member

hi i hav this old target thrower can any one give me info on it the thrower is made all of cast iron weights 35 lb the base is12 in round with 3 legs 2in high an screw holes in each the base hase knoches in it with a handle simler to a mater saw thi allows to move left right thethrowing arm also moves up and down the part that holds the target is y shape an also moves left right the writeing on the base reads EXPERT TRAP 2nd line PATENTED MADE IN USA on oter ring REMINGTON ARMS CO INC BRIDGEPORT CONN 2nd line CHAMBERLIN WORKS FINDLAY OHIO as soon as i get new carmea i take photos an post would like to know age value an any thing you all can tell me thanks a million bruce

2. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

This trap (circa 1933), was manufactured by the Chamberlin Cartridge Company, Findley, Ohio for Remington. It is an exact duplicate of the Chamberlin No.4 trap. Remington purchased the Chamberlin Cartridge Company in 1933.

Value estimate: From Ebay previous sales: $30.00 to $50.00

Hope this helps you Bruce...

Dave in SC

shotgunpeople_2008_030384.jpg

3. 73058

73058 TS Member

thanks shootgun the info was what i wanted thanks again good shooting bruce

4. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

It looks like the one I first got exposure to Trap Shooting, in 1962. My Father put in the "hole", with one of these, and my job was to Cock, load, and throw the target on command. It was all up to me, I did it all, no lever or trip on the line. I was fast enough to keep up with the shooters calling. Many, many years ago.
    Norman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
antique chamberlin cartridge & target skeet trap thrower expert 4

chamberlain trap thrower

chamberlin cartridge & target skeet trap thrower expert 4
chamberlin cartridge company

chamberlin trap

remington arms chamberlin 2e trap value

remington arms expert trap

value of a reminting arms expert trap made in finlay ohio