1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Antidepressants and Shootings

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Sep 17, 2013.

1. crusha

crusha TS Member

So...anybody want to hazard a guess what the "nice guy" shooter at the Naval Yard was taking?

Oh, that's right - the Gov't. can hoover up millions of phone calls into a server farm, but we can't know what made this guy snap - THAT's private.

2. Avatar

The old debate over cause and effect, and impossible to sort out. Now, in the case of #19, the guy who went on the rampage after taking 10 times his normal dosage of antidepressant, it probably was the antidepressant...

3. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

"the guy who went on the rampage after taking 10 times his normal dosage of antidepressant, it probably was the antidepressant..." Is that guy ever responsible for his own action? Ten times his normal dose? Geez.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

When last at his psychiatrist,..Aaron was babbling repeatedly...I'm a Wigwam, I'm a Teepee,..I'm a Wigwam,..I'm a Teepee.....The Dr told him to calm down, you're just two tents

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe

A lot of it comes from schools if a child doesn't act the way the "educator" wants them to the first thing is drug them

It happened when I first met my wife, she had a 6 YO son that would act up at times, and the school wanted to have a parent teacher counseling meeting, my wife couldn't make it and I am in the A/C bidness and it was fairly slow so I got elected to go, when I went in there, there were about 8 "educators" and me, they were hell bent on getting him on Ridlin or some other drug, I told them no friggin way, then they really pushed harder, I told them if just say no was good enough for Nancy Reagan it was good enough for me

He never did take the drugs, and has had a good career in the Army and is retiring in a few months

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Amen Cat...the teachers want the kids to be zombies.

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

After I had my first heart attack I had some problems with becoming scared every time my heart did a little "flip flop". I had a panic attack when it wouldn't stop so the doc had me take a low dose of Paxil.

It worked for the panic attacks but it put me in a, sort of, "I don't give crap about anything mood". I lost some of my edge for competition and my scores, averages, and wins declined. I was still having fun shooting but it wasn't as satisfying as before.

About half way through the '13 season I quit taking this med and my shooting performance has improved. Too bad I'm a decrepit old geezer now, but still having fun.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Aurora, Gabby Gifford, Navy yard, all done by persons with nutcase medication histories.

Someone should wake up and smell the coffee.

HM

9. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I usually take the anti depressants AFTER I'm done shooting, mostly because of my results!.......Uncle Sam, Pa.