1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti- Pirate Task Force

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by birdtracker, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

since our president doesn't want to talk, do you think we could get Chuck Norris or Captain Kangaroo to sneak in and take out the pirates. Its a life boat! Birdtracker

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I know that at this time Mercant ships are not allowed to mount weapons on there ships!!! Maybe its high time that they start. Twin 50's, or maybe a fully auto 20mm cannon ought to do the trick. Break-em all. Jeff

3. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Time to open up a can of John Wayne on 'em !

When the captain jumped, they should have machine gunned the boat. Were our guys asleep or told not to harm these precious little souls?

Kill everything that floats out there and work to minimize collateral damage.

All these others that fed the monster with ransoms only made it bigger and worse!

4. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

A question for those hear who may have been SEALS. How difficult would it be to swim up under a boat life the life boat and attach a listening device to have some idea of what is going on inside? Or maybe some thermal sensing imaging device to see where the various people are located inside the boat? Or even just get a small hole into the hull, in some spot not directly accessible from the inside, that would slowly fill the boat with water either forcing an evacuation or a movement toward the other side.

Also, since the boat is no longer mobile, having run out of fuel, could not a SEAL be stationed under water with recirculating rebreather (to prevent bubbles from getting to the surface) to be ready to provide cover fire for the Captain should he get another chance to try a swimming escape?

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Rebreathers, have a limited time underwater, before you have to change out the components inside that filter out the carbon dioxide we exhale. Not sure how long the seals packs are good for. I think that the public ones available are only good for a hour or 2 depending on depth of water. It would take that long to swim ship to ship out there. You have to remember out in open water like that the currents can be up to 6 knots or more. Without help a humam can only swim a knot or so for long periods. It really depends on the currents in the area if its possible or not. Break-em all. Jeff

6. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

They would not have to swim the distance. Use an "underwater" boat. They have those propeller craft the SCUBA divers you see on assorted shows and movies use to cover more distance and faster than swimming. I would suspect they could handle the currents.

Or another option could be a night-time parachute drop (High Altitude Low Opening or even High altitude noromal opening). I presume the pirates don't have night vision equipment. That could get them and their equipment fairly close to the life boat.

I would also think that there might be replacement canisters that could be attached on-site to prolong a rebreather's time on station. That is just a reasoned guess on my part.

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

The reason Obama won't do anything is that he is probably in for a cut of the ransom. That is what he learned in Chicago politics.

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

He likes the Hamas,,,,not going to put a bad taste for him and his buddies!!!!

9. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

The Navy has released this recent photo of their elite Anti-Pirate Task Force.
    <a href='http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00270.jpg'>[​IMG]</a><br/>
    Rest-assured, Scruffy has been equipped with a life jacket.
    -Trappy

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Just let Marcinko lead the mission. You'll have a safe and sound captain by morning, and everything else will have vanished!

11. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Rebreathers, if they are one of the newer fully closed systems, can last over 8 Hours under good conditions. Depth can be one factor, but I know of at least two (Cis-lunar and a few Biomarine units) that can regularly pass the 8 hour mark. I'm sure the Navy has the latest and the best available for their use and that their divers are highly trained and capable people.

12. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Someone finally gave the go sign. Hopefully they still got the mother ship blocked in. Sink them all. Wonder if the 3 pirates that died ended up as shark food? Birdtracker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.