1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti hunting

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by ken a, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken a

ken a Member

Fox entertainment show, American Idol will have Carrie Underwood as a guest on the show tomorrow night and will be donating some of her proceeds of a song to an anti hunting group< HSuS. Write, askfox@fox.com with your opinion.

2. doubles100

doubles100 TS Member

I am an avid hunter however though the Humane Society of the United States is a leftist group and does oppose some hunting I doubt Ms. Underwood is donating her money to the organization solely for this purpose.

3. doubles100

doubles100 TS Member

I am an avid hunter however though the Humane Society of the United States is a leftist group and does oppose some hunting I doubt Ms. Underwood is donating her money to the organization solely for this purpose.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Here we go again...another Belly Button Dingbat with Money and a Microphone?

5. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

doubles100, just what would her purpose be if not to support anti hunting??????Roger

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

It would seem that the organization is other than the name would suggest.

"HSUS is big, rich, and powerful, a “humane society” in name only. And while most local animal shelters are under-funded and unsung, HSUS has accumulated $113 million in assets and built a recognizable brand by capitalizing on the confusion its very name provokes. This misdirection results in an irony of which most animal lovers are unaware: HSUS raises enough money to finance animal shelters in every single state, with money to spare, yet it doesn’t operate a single one anywhere.

Instead, HSUS spends millions on programs that seek to economically cripple meat and dairy producers; eliminate the use of animals in biomedical research labs; phase out pet breeding, zoos, and circus animal acts; and demonize hunters as crazed lunatics. HSUS spends $2 million each year on travel expenses alone, just keeping its multi-national agenda going.

HSUS president Wayne Pacelle described some of his goals in 2004 for The Washington Post: “We will see the end of wild animals in circus acts … [and we’re] phasing out animals used in research. Hunting? I think you will see a steady decline in numbers.” More recently, in a June 2005 interview, Pacelle told Satya magazine that HSUS is working on “a guide to vegetarian eating, to really make the case for it.” A strict vegan himself, Pacelle added: “Reducing meat consumption can be a tremendous benefit to animals.”

they don't come out anti hunting but it seems they don't like it.

HM

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

When he said reducing the consumption of meat was a benefit to animals - I assume he didn't mean meat-eating animals?

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Maybe we should eat less meat so the meat eating animals can have more.........Wait a minute, we are the meat eating animals.

I give up. Too many wackos.

HM

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Halfmile hit the nail on the head.<br>
    <br>
    HSUS is a "respectable" version of PETA that mom and pop can feel good about giving to because they've been duped into believing, by their name, that HSUS has something to do with their local animal shelter. Nothing could be further from the truth.

10. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

HSUS and PETA are run by the same zealots. HSUS purposely stays to the right of PETA to promote the illusion of being a "mainstream" animal protection organization. HSUS does indeed capitalize on the confusion their name brings to donors; has anybody seen the recent TV advertisement campaign looking for donations? It was all about "saving" the poor dogs and cats. Not a peep was said about HSUS ballots campaigns against greyhound racing, chicken farming, trapping, hunting, etc., etc. These things are not appealling to most people, so they remain silent about them so as not to reduce the donated dollars. Like many politicians, they lie about who they really are so they may advance their true agendas. Trust me, any donation to HSUS will be used against hunters sooner or later, after they take care of their multi-million dollar payroll. On the plus side, many organizations like these have taken a huge hit in their finances because of the stock markets huge drop in value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.