1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti Gun Senator shoots intruder?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by g7777777, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Is this true? Regards from Iowa-- Gene

Well, Well, Well…..

Gotta love this one. National media kept it under raps.
    Only short article in local rag. Hyperlink enclosed.
    This happened on AUGUST 24, 2009. Too slow in getting around as far as I'm concerned.

Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/national/article/74-year-old_n.c._state_senator_shoots_wounds_intruder_at_his_home/287987/P10/

Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, N.C. About 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The victim, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen and Brunswick counties..
    The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested, declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone. "I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

Soles, a top-ranking Democrat and the longest-serving member of the legislature, already was the subject of an SBI investigation over sexual misconduct allegations with former male clients. (FHW - Now, that sounds more like a liberal to me).
    The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do As I Say And Not As I Do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.
    But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/national/article/74-year-old_n.c._state_senator_shoots_wounds_intruder_at_his_home/287987/P10/

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Gene, guess I don't get out much either. Did a search but only found this, kind of ugly don't you think?
    [​IMG]

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hope the link above works. First I heard of it. Bulge

4. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

about 2o years ago, A female lobbist who was against gun ownership was caught with an illegal handgun. Her excuse was that we don't deal with the people that someone like her and other political figures do.

I guess there are always 2 sets of rules, they have the right to defend themselves and we shouldn't.

they think there live are worth more than ours.

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Guys, don't be surprised that democrat is synonomous with hypocrite.

Buz

6. William681

William681 Member

RC Soles was indicted by grand jury earlier this week.
    Reports are the young man shot while breaking in the front door of Soles' home was shot in the back of the leg.
    Senator Soles has announced he will not seek another term after serving 17 terms.
    Do a search of the Wilmington Star News. Senator Soles has a most colorful history, one that certainly fits why we should throw them all out, R & D alike.

Bill
    Southport, NC

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

This is news to me! Once again law makers above the law?

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Or... the Million Mom March leader who murdered another woman with a handgun.

Hypocrites.

9. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

When they pass the gun ban they will vote themselves exempt before hand.

Sort of like the health care bill.

Rock

Jim

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I live in NC. I have a NC CCW.-The rules in the state for use of deadly force are a little bizarre.--If a person is in the process of breaking into your house, you can shoot thru the door. But, once the person is in the house you must retreat. You can't shoot to prevent the person from escaping. You must be in imminant fear of being killed. Can't carry a weapon while in a bank. Any trace of alcohol in your system voids your ccw.

Phil Berkowitz

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have not heard of this either till now. Old news or not it should be told.

Remember the anti-gun person in Washington DC who heard kids in his pool one night? The kids were pool hoping. For those who don't know what that means you go from pool to pool till you get yelled at or find out no one is home. The owner of the house was Rowan a Senator or Congressman in DC. He went out to face face the kids. He didn't call the police like we are suppose to do. He didn't lock himself in his bedroom like we are suppose to do. He didn't run out of the house like we are suppose to do. Instead he grabbed is life saving handgun to face the kids. The kids are in bathing suits swimming. He went out and one of the kids started to walk toward him. Rowan then aimed at him and shot. The kids fled and the one was shot in his wrist. The kids were not a threat but he shot one of the kids. I'm glad he didn't take a NRA course to learn like us how to shoot. I'm also sure the kid is to.

We are suppose to flee our homes and let the intruder take what ever we worked so hard to get. We are suppose to call the police then run out of our homes and or hide in a locked room. Call the police sounds to be a good idea. Wait a min, they are under gunned, undered manned per shift, and now are having their budgets cut. How long do you think they will be before they get to you? I'm not kicking on the police but the system that is tying their hands. They do a great job when they are permitted to by the powers above. We are now placed in a position to protect ourselves and our family. If they don't like that then tough. Keep the crooks in jail.

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yes, the Rowan incident. Carl T. Rowan, now deceased, was a vociferous anti gun coumnist. Link provided.

Senator Toby Roth was a member of our club, and once when he came to speak just before the election, I asked him about the case.

His reply: "Oh, they swept that under the rug." Everyone there, including the Senator, agreed it was a bad deal.

Don't forget our lovely liberal lesbian Rosie O'Donnell, also vociferously anti gun who travels with armed bodyguards.

One law for the elite, another for the masses.

Flush the toilet.

HM

13. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

How about fat a$$ Ted Kennedy. His bodygaurds were caught with CW under their coats. Ted said "I have a right to protect myself".

Remember when Rosie was in Kmart TV adds? Someone said "are you still anti-gun"? She said YES I AM AND PROUD OF IT". Then why are you representing the largest gun dealer in the USA? NO I'M NOT. You have been hired to be in Kmart adds correct? she said yes??? Then you are working for that gun dealer. She went home and a short time later broke the contract with Kmart. HA HA HE HE.

Clinton went duck hunting with John Kerry and other Dem.

14. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Texas has the right idea...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.