1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by mixer, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

State Senator R.C. Soles (D – NC)

"Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City , N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician’s home county said.

The intruder, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen andBrunswick counties..

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff’s Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

“I am not in a position to talk to you,” Soles said by telephone. “I’m right in the middle of an investigation.”

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn’t hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the “Do as i say and not as i do” Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting. Why hypocritical you may ask? It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine."

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Of course that is what he thinks. He, as well as all his buddies in congress also believed their children should be protected in school but, no one else's, it's to expensive. Much like their health insurance programs, or retirement plans. Good for them but not for us......

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I guess it still has some relevance somehow, but this incident occurred in 2009 and was part of the reason that Soles chose to leave the N. Carolina Senate that year .................. <I>Huffington Post</I> (Story filed 12/30/09)

Keller

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Limousine liberals are all alike. Rosie O'Donnel is a foaming at the mouth anti gun idiot who travels with fully armed bodyguards.

You can find this same stuff everywhere pukes roam.

HM

5. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Ouch...

6. oz

oz Active Member

another one of the "you never hear of a citizen using a gun to protect someone." liberal mantras. Did he get charged? did he go to court? Is he above the law like all our lawmakers?

7. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Another case of do as I say not as I do

8. willing

willing Member

There also was some talk thet they may have been ex-boyfriends, if you understand.

Bill

9. Surveyin'

Surveyin' Member

Don't be so quick to believe everything you read on the Web! Lol!

Snopes (link above) seems to have "the rest of the story." Such as, the NRA project vote-smart had given him grades of "A" from 2004-2008.

10. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Why do these idiots keep trying to stir the wrong thing. You would think that one would get "ALL" the facts right before opening there big mouth on here. If it is worth posting about and is in good for the forum then post it but to just come on here posting the half truth one should just shut there pie hole.

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Should have added that he shot at him 30 times emptying the magazine of his AR-15, before grabbing in desperation, his Sig P226, and emptying two 20 RD. Super Capacity Tactical magazines. Unfortunately, he only wounded the perpetrator, and stated, "I was just to damn exhausted to grab the Benelli M4 Tactical shotgun to finish him off." The 74 year old then added, "Had it been four years earlier, it would have been a done deal. Lost a little stamina since then. The craziest thing about the whole situation was after the shooting was done, the wife asked, what are you shooting at?" LOL.

Would have made a better story.

12. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

^^^^ Good one

CM

13. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

If it were us to shot some one we would be in jail. If a senator or congressman they disapears in the darkness. That is just the way it is. We can have guns as they say but you can't. Sad but true.

Example, Ted Kennedy. If someone here drove off the bridgeand went home to have a drink and then 8 hours later called the cops WE would have been locked up and the key was lost. Ted how ever just walked away.

Double standards at its best.

14. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Ted Kennedy's CAR has murdered more people than all my guns put together.
    In Kennedy's case the bumper sticker on HIS car should have read: "People don't kill people...CARS kill People".
    "LION of the Senate"....REALLY...??????
    If that's the case....does anyone still wonder what happened to America??
    Throw another shovel full of brimstone on him.

15. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

It is time for the State Senator to run for national office.

16. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"Damn story is 14 years old!"</i></blockquote>Well...actually it's only 3 years old (2009), but what's a year or two either way in the history of the cosmos?

Keller

17. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Found guilty of assault and fined $1000. HMB

18. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Halfmile, why would Rosie need armed bodyguards? Her mouth and looks would stop any perp dead in his tracks.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.