1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti Gun Libs Still At It

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bill1949, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Second Amendment: GAO Blames U.S. for Mexican Gun Violence

"A new study by the Government Accountability Office says most firearms recovered in drug violence in Mexico come from the U.S., a finding that will likely fuel the politically charged debate over the U.S. government's efforts to stem gun trafficking across the border," reports The Wall Street Journal. As we have pointed out before, however, the data is flawed right from the beginning. According to the Journal, in 2008, Mexican law enforcement seized 30,000 weapons, but only 7,200 were submitted to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives for tracing. Rather than look at the complete facts, of course, anti-gun demagogues pounced on the report. "The availability of firearms illegally flowing from the United States into Mexico has armed and emboldened a dangerous criminal element in Mexico, and it has made the job of drug cartels easier," said Rep. Eliot Engel (D-NY). "It is simply unacceptable that the United States not only consumes the majority of the drugs flowing from Mexico, but also arms the very cartels that contribute to the daily violence that is devastating Mexico."

Blaming law-abiding U.S. citizens for drug violence in Mexico makes little sense, other than as a justification for more gun control. In anticipation of a renewed effort by the Obama administration to reinstate the so-called "assault weapons" ban, 23 state attorneys general sent a letter to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, saying, "We share the Obama Administration's commitment to reducing illegal drugs and violent crime within the United States. We also share your deep concern about drug cartel violence in Mexico. However, we do not believe that restricting law-abiding Americans' access to certain semi-automatic firearms will resolve any of these problems."

From the 6-19-09 Patriot Post

2. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Only real blame can rests with our dependent drug users. That's what provides the demand. BT-100dc

3. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Patriot Post is a bit slow. This was a headline and article in several national papers ,etc couple of weeks ago. Nothing new, there have been several speeches, claims by the administration, etc that the U.S. is to blame for the violence in Mexico. What else is new? According to our current administration, about the only thing the U.S. is not to blame for is-come to think about it, according to the one, we are to blame for everything in history. Actually, according to full studies, only about 15 percent or less of firearms confiscated in Mexico actually come from the U.S. and many of those are actually arms sold to or given to the Mexican army.

Jim R

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

BT-100dc

"Only real blame can rests with our dependent drug users. That's what provides the demand."

Before I say anything let say I am not picking on you or anyone else. I have questions about your statement (and you are not the only one making it) if the blame rests with "our" dependent drug users. Tell me how did these people become dependent in the first place?

If them being dependent is the reason for the problem why were drugs ever available in the first place. In the days when no one was dependent where did the first person to become dependent get the drugs?

Bob Lawless

5. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

I only have one question. When people come FROM Mexico INTO the US, that's our problem. When guns purportedly come FROM the US INTO Mexico, it's still our problem. Just why is that?

Seems to me that we should respond to them the way they respond to us about the illegals, i.e. tell them to go piss up a rope.

Tony

6. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Add to the mix the latest quotes from our esteemed leaders such as "we have to outlaw illegal guns".

7. brigade

brigade TS Member

The rest of the story. ED

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have always said that we need to legalize the drugs. By doing so you stop all the problems. You sell the drugs like the states do booze. Yes we will have a high over dose rate for the first year but so what. Look what happen when the gov had proabition(sp). The street wars and violence. Look what happened after proabition. Everyone drank more then they should and alot died. If this gov made all drugs legal that would end all the violence and crime. Just think of the peace we would have on the streets.

9. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

This may sound a little redundant but:

BUILD THE FENCE DAMNIT. Then put the national guard down there to enforce it and that'll solve the flow of drugs, illegals and guns.

How frickin' hard can this be?

Wake up Barry.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You have to remember that drugs are big business, and a lot of people would be out of work if they were stopped.

DEA agents, Professional informants, Lawyers, correctional officers, judges, rehab clinics, and more all would suffer if the drug trade were stopped.

Keeping it illegal keeps people employed.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.