1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti-Gun Group?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by below 0, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. below 0

below 0 TS Member

It has come to my attention that AARP is an anti-gun organization. I called
    their 800 number and was told that they were by the person who answered. Any other Businesses or organizations that are anti-gun? Advise...Dale Otis

2. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

That was one reason why I dropped my membership. There are far more groups out there where I can get discounts, rather than AARP.

Dennis

3. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Never signed up for AARP for that reason. Kept sending them the application back in their postage paid envelope with "NO" written across it. They finally took me off the mailing list.

4. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

I submitted a letter to the AARP editor several years ago rebutting one of their anti-gun articles. I was told that that was their stance and they were proud of it.

American Shooting and Hunting Association is also a front for a virulent anti-gun group.

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Go to the above link and see other companies that are anti-gun.

They started with me at 50 yrs, then 55, then 60. With each I sent letters asking simply, "Wy would any organization take a stance against the 2nd amendment knowing that it would bother a large number of the very people they want to recruit?" The answers were always circular in form but never answering that simple question. The apparently gave up at my later birthdates.....Bob Dodd

6. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

Bob Dodd....

Er, uhh, gosh Bob, just how old are you anyway???

Heh Heh....

LDAdd

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I guess I recall I'm older than you, eh? Creep! BTW, you remember Dale and Pam Schmidt? She finally passed away recently with the neurological disease she's been battling for several years. 5% chance we'll come down for a memorial on the 28th and we'll have to share a hot dog.....Bob Dodd

8. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

After looking at the anti-gun list, I'm wondering if there are any associations that aren't anti-gun. My church is on the list!

9. MilCon

MilCon Member

That was an interesting read.
    I now know why I do not support most of the entities listed nor spend money to view most of the movies .

Looks like I will no longer support the church that I am affiliated with and will inform them as to why. I will also inform them that iI will support the removal of the 1st admendment after we loose the 2nd.

Tell your congressmen to place a rider on all actions against the 2nd admendement and load them with actions to to remove the 1st as wwell.

You would see a whole lot of screaming then.

10. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

How about listing stores - like K-Mart..............Grubby

11. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

MilCon You and I know that if the 2nd Admendment goes the First is as good as gone .

12. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

No surprises on that list. All of them side with the left on several issues.

13. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I return all of the mail they send me with their postage paid envelope. The AARP is against any Social Security reform also.

14. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

Thanks ever so much for the heads up on this, guys. I had no idea that AARP had taken a stance on this issue. I was just discussing with my wife today whether or not we should join that organization in response to a recent solicitation. With this information in hand, the answeer is, of course, a resounding NO!!!

15. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Bob,,,,I bet that many of the members of the businesses are CCW or at least own gun(s),,,,it is usually the idiots at the top of the organizations that want to espouse their views and try to do it with the blessing of the firm.

16. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

I have often wondered "where does the money go, who is in charge, how do you get on the board of directors and do the members ever vote on them, what are the salaries and perks? Dropped membership 20+ years ago. D Winter

17. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Also read the thread titled " Another Gun Hater In The New Administration"

18. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

I like this post as it is informative for the folks here. What always amazes me is it takes an assault on our rights and a real threat to get folks motivated. Kinda like closing the gate after the cows have gotten out.

I sincerely hope that all take this info and start working to help the right people elected in 2 yrs. Without it we will be doomed as gun owners.

19. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

what always got me about the aarp group is that the older you get, the more you need a gun to protect yourself!!

20. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Bigdogtx, if that's addressed to me, I couldn't agree more. The best responses from them, every time, is that they take that stand because by polling members the position against firearms was strongly supported. I've discussed this situation with many AARP people, none have ever been polled on any subject, and I've been instrumental in turning many members around on their thinking; quitting the association.....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.