1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti-gun Fudds for Obama....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    http://www.huntersandshooters.com/index.php<br>
    <br>
    This is from their web page.<br>
    <br>
    AHSA Endorses Obama<br>
    <br>
    Obama: He "gets it"<br>
    <br>
    Today, as President of the American Hunters and Shooters Association (AHSA), I announced our endorsement of Senator Barack Obama for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States. Because the gun issue has recently become a factor in the Democratic primary in Pennsylvania, I want to share the remarks I made today:<br>
    <br>
    As a gun rights organization we have not come to this decision lightly. We were formed two years ago because our research shows that millions of gun owners wanted a change. They not only wanted an organization that would protect their gun rights but an organization that was also committed to the protection of their communities as well as the protection of our lands. We reached out to the Obama campaign several weeks ago to offer our support and approval as was reported by Paul Bedard of US News and World Report. We believe recent attacks on Senator Obama's stand on the 2nd Amendment and his commitment to our hunting and shooting heritage are unfair and American Hunters and Shooters Association is stepping up to set the record straight.<br>
    <br>
    Senator Obama has clearly demonstrated his commitment to the 2nd Amendment by his vote in support of the Vitter amendment to HR 5441, the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations bill of 2007. This amendment prevents the Government from confiscating guns in a time of crisis or emergency. Imagine how the citizens felt during Hurricane Katrina when government agents kicked in doors to confiscate law abiding citizens' guns at a time when they needed them the most. We know Senator Obama "gets it." To say that he is an elitist is patently ridiculous. To hunters and shooters everywhere, Senator Obama's vote demonstrated a fundamental understanding of the meaning of the 2nd Amendment which means he recognizes the individual right of all citizens to keep and bear arms. Senator Clinton, on the hand, failed to grasp the importance of this critical issue to hunters and shooters and voted against this Amendment. She turned her back on America's gun owners. In addition, Senator Obama's commitment to conservation and protection of our natural resources and access to public lands demonstrates to us his commitment to America's hunting and shooting heritage. Senator Obama will be a strong and authentic voice for America's hunters and shooters and it is with great pleasure that we endorse his candidacy.<br>
    <br>
    Ray Schoenke<br>
    Wednesday, April 16, 2008<br>
    <br>
    --------------------------<br>
    <br>
    Well, it sure seems like some 'sportsmen' are not only supporting Obama, but they are claiming he's a pro-gunner. Despite Obama having never voted for any pro-gun legislation. Here's a little intel dug up on this supposed "pro-gun" hunting organization. They are, in reality, a front for anti-gunners who are trying to pull the wool over the eyes of a lot of gun owners who should know better. Their machine is well oiled and is working overtime to convince everyone that Obama supports your gun rights.<br>
    <br>
    --------------------------<br>
    <br>
    The AHSA is nothing but a front organization for Bob Ricker and John E. Rosenthal. Ricker and Rosenthal are the crafters of the S&W/Clinton 'agreement.'<br>
    <br>
    Bob Ricker, Executive Director, AHSA-<br>
    <br>
    Bob Ricker served as the Assistant General Counsel for the NRA, and helped develop the California Rifle and Pistol Association's legislative advocacy program. He actually did some good for us- then he went off the deep end. The Clinton trigger lock 'agreement?' That was all Ricker. He went to the gun manufacturers, pretending to represent the NRA, and got quite a few of them to sign on. He also tried his damnedest to get them to sign off on 'voluntary' mandatory 'skills testing' and he tried to get them to 'voluntarily' quit selling so-called semiautomatic assault weapons to civilians. He also tried to get them to 'voluntarily' boycott dealing with FFLs who sell at guns hows that allow person to person sales- the so-called 'gunshow loophole.'<br>
    <br>
    Bob Ricker is truly a jerk. He has spent an immense period of his life embedding himself within the NRA to do as much damage as he possibly could. This worm is a true gun control jihadist.<br>
    <br>
    John E. Rosenthal, President, AHSA Foundation<br>
    <br>
    John E. Rosenthal *IS* Stop Handgun Violence, the Massachusetts organization that exists only to eliminate your Second Amendment rights. Period.<br>
    <br>
    Joseph J. Vince Jr., Board of Directors, AHSA<br>
    <br>
    Joseph J. Vince Jr. retired from the BATFE and is an "expert" with Crime Gun Solutions - their only clients are HCI, Stop Handgun Violence, and other gun banners. He wrote the puff piece propaganda that supposedly validated the Clinton assault rifle ban when it came up for reauthorization. He is not our friend.<br>
    <br>
    Jody Powell, Co-Chairman, AHSA Advisory Board<br>
    <br>
    Jody Powell was President Jimmy Carter's press secretary.
    <br><br>

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It's that fake pro-gun hunting group a few of our weak sisters here were championing a couple of years ago. They're nothing more than anti-gunners in sheep's clothing. It's the old Fifth Column technique.

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Check them out on Wikipedia. Interesting read.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Oh great, Brian...and I suppose next you're going to tell me Shrillary is a closet Chardonnay-drinker, and doesn't _really_ like Heilemann's Old Style Beer?

WTF?

5. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

thanks for the info brian. these people will stop at nothing to relieve us of our guns.jackmitch

6. jabrlin

jabrlin TS Member

Would someone close to Trappy please wash his eyes out,so he can see& also wipe him behind the ears to dry him off!!! jabrlin

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Trappy, Thank god your aren't old enough to vote. Jeff

8. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

What a scummy organization.

9. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Oh BROTHA!

10. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

They must be teaching a different meaning of "merit" in high school today.

11. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Brian, you better save your post. Put it in a file that you can bring up later for reposting here.

When these guys die and people on here start to tell us how they were not that bad, you can repost the above info just to remind them that you called it back in 2008. LOL

BTW, as a pro 2nd Amendment "zealot", I don't think we really NEED the AHSA.

AJ100

12. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

In his "Standing Guard" column in the latest (May) issue of American Rifleman, Wayne LaPierre further points out Obama's true anti-gun and anti-self-defense attitude. He appears to be an elitist gun-grabber. Thanks, Brian. Phil E

13. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

I judge him by what he has done not what he says he will do.

Trappy 12 WHAT IN THE HELL HAS HE EVER DONE??? Besides go to a radical any color but black hating church for over 20 years.I guess you share his black ethics he is so proud of. Associate with terrorist from the Weather Underground, black Panthers, and Louis Faracon S/P .And says exactly the opposite of what he has been all the time leading up to his run for the democrat candidate. And now all of a sudden he not what he has been all of his life.

You believe what you want to believe. I check it out for myself they are all politicians. Do your homework then decide don't drink the koolaide first. And don't read crap from their web sites.

While you are at it what has Hellery ever done right? She was halled before congress five times during her time as first lady ( well that is doing something I guess) to give sworn testimony. And all she could say was "I don't recall or I don't remember".

Scooter Libby was charged and tried for lieing to congress. Well saying I don't know when you do is the same thing.

Rock

Jim

14. shadow

shadow Active Member

MOre protection for the "Brothas in the Hood". O'boy Obama wouldnt want the cops to take their POS guns away and leave them defenseless against trapshooters and hunters.

15. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

It looks like Obama is an even bigger phony than Kerry. His speaking style is enough to make me puke. All of those pauses and inflections make you wonder if he really has anything to say.

Hope? Change? I hope I have some change left when this racist is finished.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.