1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anti-gun ad to run during Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Mayor Bloomberg to run anti-illegal gun ad during Super Bowl

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/mayor_bloomberg_to_run_illegal_gun_QXrL0JPnoTK4VTxsDz5V4I#ixzz1lBbqZItm

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Bloomberg is as big an a$$ as George Soros. Both should be kicked out of this country for GOOD and never let back in!

Because he holds a public office, and he run a add like this, he should be arrested the second it airs for Treason against America! The Founders would run him down and hang him just like Mr. Arnold!!

"even to the point where he's authorized undercover sting operations in states across the nation to demonstrate how easy it is to circumvent federal weapons regulations."

Yep He did and got his hand slapped, One state told him, He had better not try it again or his agents would be arrested.

How nice of the NY Post not to add that!

3. beretta1340

beretta1340 TS Member

Boycot it. Who wants to see another Boston - NY championship anyway??? Weather here is going to be nice, so I will be at the range. To h_ll with Bloomberg.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Who is payng for this?

HM

5. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Does that kind of shi... coming from Bloomie really suprise anyone on this site?

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Wrong add on the wrong event. NY needs to mind their own business.

7. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

"The Founders would run him down and hang him just like Mr. Arnold!!" ???

Mr. Arnold? Benedict Arnold? Sorry, he as never hanged. He married a rich girl, fought for the British, moved to Great Britain, owned and captained a privateer in their later war with France, was captured by the French and was nearly hanged by them. He died in England of dropsy.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Mayor Bloomingidiot

9. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Stupid Bowl.

10. capvan

capvan Active Member

I swore I would not get involved in this, but I have absolutely, positively, no interest in ANY professional sports. Why do you people waste your time/money/energy on this stuff?

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Read on yahoo news this morning that it was the Mayors of both superbowl teams towns that are running the ad. Mike.

Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino (left) and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will appear together in a pro-gun-control ad to run during Sunday's Super Bowl contest between New York and New England.

Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will be spending Super Bowl Sunday together – in an ad.

Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition, a nonprofit led by the two mayors, has bought a Super Bowl spot promoting tighter gun control restrictions, aimed at reducing the flow of illegal guns into U.S. cities. Menino and Bloomberg will appear in the ad to deliver a pro-gun-control message to a Super Bowl audience.

The nonprofit, which boasts a membership of 600 mayors, was founded in 2006. According to a 2009 report in the Village Voice, it was seeded with a $3 million contribution from Bloomberg. According to a Washington Post report the same year, real estate mogul Eli Broad has kicked in $750,000, and the Joyce Foundation Joyce Foundation Latest from The Business Journals Kansas Board of Regents receives .6M grant for work force trainingValencia one of 10 colleges vying for M fundECC, NCCC aim for excellence, M Follow this company has contributed $1.1 million.

A spokesman for Menino's office said a news release will be forthcoming, Wednesday, detailing the time the ad will air, and markets it will reach. The spokesman said he does not know the length of the ad or the amount it cost. A 30-second, national Super Bowl ad typically costs about $3 million.

The following statement was issued by Menino's office:

Although Mayor Menino and Mayor Bloomberg will be rooting for opposite teams this Sunday in the Super Bowl, over the last 5 years the two have been on the same team leading a Coalition of over 600 Mayor’s Against Illegal Guns. This ad will include some banter from Mayor Men
    Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will be spending Super Bowl Sunday together – in an ad.
    Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition, a nonprofit led by the two mayors, has bought a Super Bowl spot promoting tighter gun control restrictions, aimed at reducing the flow of illegal guns into U.S. cities. Menino and Bloomberg will appear in the ad to deliver a pro-gun-control message to a Super Bowl audience.
    The nonprofit, which boasts a membership of 600 mayors, was founded in 2006. According to a 2009 report in the Village Voice, it was seeded with a $3 million contribution from Bloomberg. According to a Washington Post report the same year, real estate mogul Eli Broad has kicked in $750,000, and the Joyce Foundation Joyce Foundation Latest from The Business Journals Kansas Board of Regents receives .6M grant for work force trainingValencia one of 10 colleges vying for M fundECC, NCCC aim for excellence, M Follow this company has contributed $1.1 million.
    A spokesman for Menino's office said a news release will be forthcoming, Wednesday, detailing the time the ad will air, and markets it will reach. The spokesman said he does not know the length of the ad or the amount it cost. A 30-second, national Super Bowl ad typically costs about $3 million.
    The following statement was issued by Menino's office:
    Although Mayor Menino and Mayor Bloomberg will be rooting for opposite teams this Sunday in the Super Bowl, over the last 5 years the two have been on the same team leading a Coalition of over 600 Mayor’s Against Illegal Guns. This ad will include some banter from Mayor Menino and Mayor Bloomberg as football fans but also strike a serious note on the issues of illegal guns and the work we must do to keep our communities safe.

The Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition is committed to closing the deadly gaps in the national gun background check system that give criminals, terrorists, domestic violence offenders, the seriously mentally ill and other dangerous people easy access to firearms. MAIG also works to make sure law enforcement agencies have the tools and resources they need to effectively crack down on illegal gun trafficking in our communities and along the U.S.-Mexico border.

12. quartering

quartering Active Member

auctioneer hit the nail on the head: it's the wrong venue to appeal to anti gunners. football is a violet sport and fans of violence are typically gun owners. anyway, the article mentions that it'll only be run in a few select markets and that 30 second spots are going for $3.5 million, yet the ad should only cost the mayors "hundreds of dollars." can't be much of an ad campaign but i hope i get to see it

13. Brian in Oregon

capvan, quote: <i>"I swore I would not get involved in this, but I have absolutely, positively, no interest in ANY professional sports. Why do you people waste your time/money/energy on this stuff?"</i>

I dunno what I'm going to do on Sunday. A lot depends on the weather. But it's not going to be watching the Super Bowl. No interest in football. I don't even know who's playing.

14. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

I refuse to "live the dream" I am too old, Hope too knowledgeable (sp) to watch and feel like I am part of the winning team!!! of the souper bowl.... Put good ATA targets in front of me, I will perform to the best of my ability that given day!! Repeat "I" will perform. I hope enuf said
    Dave B.

15. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Why wouldn't you want illegal guns off the street?

16. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Theres your child-like thinking again Keet. Challenging the status quo.

And a fair question, as well...

17. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

"Mayor Bloomberg to run anti-illegal gun ad during Super Bowl"

How many of you are FOR illegal guns?

18. vmthtr in green bay

vmthtr in green bay Member

I misseed it I guess.

19. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Tokie- Your parker was an assault weapon 120 years ago.

20. Brian in Oregon

tokie786, quote: <i>"NONEONES EVER SHOWN ME WHAT A HUNTING APPLICATION A SPRAYER HAS,,,,,GRIND EM UP AND MAKE SOME MORE PARKERS!!!!"</i>

How can you be for making more Parker's when a Parker is a sprayer? All shotguns spray.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.