1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another "Why I don't use UPS"

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mike Battista, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Another "Why I don

Here's another in my collection. Beretta sent me a barrel and it was delivered in this condition. The cardboard shipping box was wet from some liquid as was the Beretta box inside. The shipping box had been wrapped in I would guess in pallet wrap to keep it together and the box end was open. A second package that was shipped from Beretta the same day arrived undamaged. Go figure.
    Mike Battista

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Another

I think UPS is the worst. They are even more aweful during the holidays, if you could imagine. I will only ship from the post office now, USPS priority all the way.

3. DB3006

DB3006 Member

0   0   0

Another

Maybe Beretta could do a better job of packaging. We ship on average 300 packages with UPS everyday and never have any problem. It's a tough enviroment no matter who you ship with.

DB3006

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Another

You ship 300 packages a day and NEVER have a problem? You must be shipping something pretty problem proof.Jeff

5. high 2

high 2 Member

0   0   0

Another

Sounds like Obama, it`s Bush`s fault. What are you shipping, steel bricks? UPS could break a freight train with a glass hammer. Larry

6. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Another

It's bound to happen, I've never had problems with UPS but Fedex I've had a few problems with and DHL I've had a few problems with USPS I only have problems with my T&F. Must be a liberal that handles my mail lol and sorry to hear about your troubles.

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

Another

when ever I ship something I over pack everthing and insure it. I have seen the way all shippers handle their packages. Beretta should have known better then to ship a barrel like they did.

8. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Another

We ship 60 to 80 boxes a week through UPS and have for 20+ years. There have been a few minor problems but nothing to get real upset about. Less than 1 a year. We do take the effort to wrap and box and tape everything well, but you have to do that with all of them.

Bob Schultz

9. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Another

I'm with Bob. We ship 2 to 6 packages 5 days a week. Have been at it for 30 years this August. Have had less than a dozen claims. 1 lost, the rest damage. They paid on all. The worst was a gun I sent to Cuban Cigar. Took about 4 months to settle. But they did settle to my expectations. :) Bill

10. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Another

UPS is a UNION house, they never are in the wrong, nuff said.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

Another

I ship a lot of guns UPS and to date have not had a problem (hope I'm not speaking to soon, just shipped one last Monday) ... I usually have them box them up for a small fee and probably have just been lucky, hope it continues that way ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

0   0   0

Another

I ship the way a customer wants,that way if a problem he is to blame.
    That said,I use USPS registered mail for the pricy items & Fed-Ex for the cheap stuff. Always at least double box the factory carton & glue it together or at least use a good tape.

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Another

I shipped three boxes of collectibles from CA to my brothers home in Ohio. The individual items in each box were packed above and beyond protection and insured.

Trouble was, they didn't drop the boxes off at my brothers home for safe keeping till I returned, they set them on my back porch at my home about a half mile away!! The sat there for three weeks until I returned from CA. and three pieces were broken beyond repair! NEVER again folks, who broke the items, in transit or someone on my porch? It's a wonder they were still there at all!!

Hap

14. DB3006

DB3006 Member

0   0   0

Another

superx, high2

We ship diesel fuel injection pumps and related parts all over the US. Very rare for us to have any problems. When we do UPS takes care of it. Again its a harsh enviorment so you should make sure your packages can handle the abuse.

DB3006

15. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Another

Was coming to the door to receive 6 cases of B&P shotgun shells and one box of four collector shotgun shells. I observed through a window on the way to the door the UPS driver start to stack two cases of 8 boxes of shotgun shells on top of the smaller package of four boxes. I went out the door yelling and stopped him from setting the larger cases on the smaller package. He was happy to get out of our place when I got through questioning his IQ.

16. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Another

Was coming to the door to receive 6 cases of B&P shotgun shells and one box of four collector shotgun shells. I observed through a window on the way to the door the UPS driver start to stack two cases of 8 boxes of shotgun shells on top of the smaller package of four boxes. I went out the door yelling and stopped him from setting the larger cases on the smaller package. He was happy to get out of our place when I got through questioning his IQ.

17. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Another

U P S= usually poor service.

18. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Another

But they have a good retirement. LOL

19. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Another

Would like to know how they are a union house when they are employee owned?

20. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Another

Something happened while I was asleep I guess. UPS went from being traded on the stock exchange to a employee owned company? When the hell did that happen? Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.