1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another "What's it worth?" query

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by no5shooter, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Another "What

I haven't posted in a while, been busy with some spousely medical issues, but that's going well. Sort of coincidentally, I have an ex-spouse too, only the nice kind. We're friends. She has a Beretta Silver Hawk 10 ga. side-by-side that belonged to her dad. It's been hunted, back in the 60's and early 70's, but he always took good care of it. Nice condition, probably 90% or thereabouts. She wants to sell the thing and I might even be inclined to buy it or at least make you TS'ers aware it's available if/when she makes up her mind what she wants for it. Any ideas of a price range such a beast might fetch? I'd like for her to get a fair price, whether it's from me or somebody else. Gun is located in Phoenix AZ area, not that that matters a whole lot. Thanks in advance for any input.

Jerry, in Oregon

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Another

SILVER HAWK

12 ga. Mag. (3 in. chambers) or 10 ga. Mag. (3 1/2 chambers) with double triggers and extractors. Disc. 1967.

Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%

$795 $700 $600 $400 $300 $275 $250

Subtract 50% for 10 ga.

From Blue Book - 31st edition

3. pigeon101

pigeon101 Active Member

Another

OUCH on the Blue book values. Probably guessing between 80-90%

Jason in PA

4. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

Another

If you decide to sell this gun please let me know!

Thanks.

Steve Nunley, Albuquerque, NM

5. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Another

You divorced someone with a 10 gauge shotgun?

6. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Another

The Blue Book is ridiculous. A ten gauge Silver Hawk is worth every bit as much as a 12 gauge. $900 to $1100 is in the range. If it is 90% and original, you will sell it the first day for $900.

7. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Another

I had a 10 gauge Laurona sxs once, that was a beautiful gun, but I could barely give it away. I finally traded it at a gunshow for a Remington 1100. I never shot it, or maybe I would have just given it away. :) Mark

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Another

Hard to believe it would only be worth $200. The only one I have seen was a 12 gauge in 80-85% shape at a gun show - the guy was asking $700 which seemed about right.

9. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Another

Thanks for the input, guys. It looks like $1000, give or take. Seems like it should be worth more, but then that's why I asked. No idea. Thanks again.

10. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Another

Gun was discontinued in 1967. Double triggers and extractors. 10 gauge. Definitely a case of hearing what you want to hear, if you think it is worth $1000. Good luck with that. If you want to pay your ex that much for it, or maybe you can sell it to eightbore. Take it into a gun shop and see what they might give you for it. Mark

11. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Another

Interesting bunch of responses. All the way from "400 to 500 max" to "$900 to $1100 is in the range." And I might add, several PM's saying they'd sure be interested if I decide to sell it... Opinions and belly buttons, I guess. Everybody's got one. Anyway, plenty of food for thought here and again I thank you guys for the input.

12. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Another

When you are across the lake and you hear Chawhoom Chawhoom it was a 10 Ga going off.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

13. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Another

It always bothers me when someone is trolling for a high value of a gun and have their friends post

Kind of like bidding stuff up on gunbroker

Why ask if you are going to ridicule the people that tell you what you think

I will say this- if you think a 10 guage side by side like this is worth 1000 bucks and you dont post a picture or arent willing to accept what the blue book states (which by the way is often high) than you better deal in clocks because you are coo coo

Regards from Iowa

Gene

14. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Another

Gene, I have heard you are a horse's ass, and now I'm getting some proof. To imply that I have friends is over the top. I am not his friend but I know a lot about ten gauge guns and Berettas. The Beretta Silver Hawk is a much better gun than some of the junk sent here in the sixties through the eighties. I said a quick sale price is $900, but I am willing to lower that estimate to $800.

15. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Another

2000 if its one of Gene's "safe queens".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.