1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another War Casualty - A Friend

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Just learned that in this small county of North Georgia, we had a young man who was a Marine in Iraq then came home to be a County Deputy, then went back to Iraq with Blackwater, took his own life while on leave last week. I knew this young man who was a Patriot and dedicated to serving. While he had some problems here at home, at 28 years of age he had so much life to look forward to. I truly believe that PTSD won out. RIP Mark Marshall, Towns County Georgia. Please pray for his children and Mark's soul. Sempir Fi !

blade819

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

My condolences Blade, it's a very sad world we've created and who has the answers. Semper Fi.

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Yup, a lot of guys who went to the sandbox came back different than when they left.

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

PTSD is nothing to guffaw. The ROE that our armed services fight under just add much more stress. My condolences to you and prayers for Mark's family.

5. blade819

In 2008 I went to the SHOT show and attended the GLOCK dinner. I got the opportunity to eat next to Lee Emery, Gunnie, and he autographed 2 potraits specifically to Mark and his Deputy Buddy who served in the Marines with Mark in Iraq. When the guys came into my gun shop the following week, I gave them the photos and they almost cried. Gunnie wrote" To Mark, thanks for your service. Once a Marine, always a Marine.... Semper Fi". When as a country will we learn that war takes more of a toll than we see on TV?

blade819

6. blade819

PS... Mark is now with my Buddy who died last fall from Agent Orange cancer and who was a Viet Nam Marine.... Jack.

blade819

7. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Blade,
    Semper Fi my friend.

Mike C.

USN 1960-1968

8. blade819

I was in the Army but in Nam we loved the Marines!

blade819

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Blade,

That is truly very sad. We can spend hundreds, of billions, of dollars on war, but what do we spend on our returning Heroes to help them cope with everyday life afterwards.

Bob above said it best. It is a very sad world we've created. Jon

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Really sorry to hear about that Blade, such a loss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.