1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another side of Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Pointer, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pointer

Pointer TS Member

Sorry to post in shooting realted with this, but we need to think again, and this is important.

Guys, I’m a card carrying Republican. I don’t simply follow party lines without some thought. I agree with Gay Marriage. First you have to ask yourself “will it impact me?” Then ask yourself “will it impact someone else if so..who?” Not just gay's people!

For a moment look past personnel feelings and faith to consider legislation and its impact. There are THOUSANDS of foster children without homes THOUSANDS and they will not find homes. My wife and I know this system as we adopted. It was hard to pick one kid when so many need a loving home. Most gay couples would eventually adopt if they could (we are talking thousands of couples) Many if not most states will not consider it, or make it near impossible. Trust when I say any kid would be better off with a dad-dad, or mom-mom, than shifted between 20 crap foster homes while in the custody of the government. In that system they have NO CHANCE. I’m saying I could care less if they are allowed to marry or not..no impact on me. Either way they will live together and be gay all over the place like it or not. But this legislation could change the life of thousands of kids in a huge way so I support it.

If you know a bit about the state's foster homes and child walefare and what these kids go through please feel free to tell me why i'm wrong.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Because God says so

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Not in this section please,

I should not encourage it, but why is everybody shipping off to Africa and China for kids, if we have so many here.

Moderators, please move this thread.

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Even if you don't believe there is a God, morals tells you its wrong!

If your a evolutionist, you know its wrong, END of the Species if its continued to be encouraged.

It is NOW a political issue, thanks liberals!!

So it fits here, since we all have a need to discuss politics.

One of the last rungs on the ladder of the Fall of the Roman Empire, was Lack/Loss of Morals.

5. Pointer

Pointer TS Member

It's not for this area, but the last post on this issue had 70 responses in an hour, so some people think its very important. With that response I thought this point that most may not consider was very important. Think about it..1000 childern at least could have a good home in the first year. Not perhaps, or possible.but a fact.

Could we tell one kid he or she could have a home, but it's gay. So you get to stay in foster care.

I respect what Cuban said. I have no place telling him he is wrong.

If this stays up..respect eachother.

6. Pointer

Pointer TS Member

Timber..respectfully "morals tells you its wrong" morals tell me the law should get behind this. This has no impact on the act that is to be morally wrong..none! It has an impact in another area

Really, I'm an old school Montana boy gay creeps me out and that's honest.

I would never put my feelings or anything I learned in church above the ability to help a kid. If I learned anything in church this is it. I'd have to vote yes on this one without a second thought..

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

If you knew this didn't belong in the shooting section, then why the hell did you put it here?? That's what the damn political section is for.

8. Rick Barker

Some people don't believe rules apply to them......typical.

9. Pointer

Pointer TS Member

Sorry

I'll fix it.

7 1/2 or 8 shot?

10. Robb

Robb Member

Man makes a point and is jumped like that is bs. This place used to have some class.

I am against gay marriage but he made me think. Try it.

11. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Morals are like ethics. The baseline is always just below whatever your position is and everyone below it is wrong, but you're above it, so you must be right.

As to the fall of the Roman Empire, it wasn't morality, it was a political system known as Oligarchy and the loss of the free enterprise/open markt system. Let's stop making history try and fit our personal beliefs.

If, "because God says so", is the best reason you have for agreeing or disagreeing with something, the mirror is right there for you when you ask, "what is wrong with this world".

Regards,

Chip Porter

12. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

I don't understand why the Federal government should be involved in who people marry. Personally, I want the Feds out of my personal business and everybody else's where ever it's possible. For the government, either State of Federal, marriage is a legal contract. Why should the government be involved? Clearly some of us are more flexible on the issue of Federal/State regulation. If we agree with the law, we like the government involved, if we don't like the law, we don't want them involved. So what else is new.

Personally, I don't have any problem having this discussion on a shooting site. At my age, anything that forces me to think, is worth the effort where ever I find it.

Rick Barker--The reason that so many couples go "off shore" is that they want newly born or very young children that have not been effected by their likely poor environment. They take a chance on heredity. If I remember correctly, in the US, children over the age of 2 are virtually unadoptable and there are thousands available.

13. Rick Barker

I am not going to reply, because this topic does not belong here, we have off topics and political sections for this.

14. Robb

Robb Member

Do you really have be married to adopt?

15. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

<blockquote>Pointer wrote:<br><i>I would never put my feelings or anything I learned in church above the ability to help a kid. </i></blockquote>

You claim to be raised in or at least have gone to Church. Please tell me how you correlate this statement with what the Bible tells us.

16. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Well spoken Pointer. I applaud you. BYG

17. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

If Obama lets them get married....in 30 years there won't be any more democrats or liberals.

18. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I think homosexual sex is wrong, sinful and damned. But, I'm an American and believe in personal freedom. Let gay people marry, it's their problem and they don't answer to me.

Now, here's what's coming, once we accept gay marriage, then Muslim bigamy will be next and we will have to allow it. Then siblings will demand the right to marry and we will have to say yes to that too. Then, some idiot in CA or NYC will want to marry his/her pet and we'll have to say yes to that too.

All I ask is the freedom to say when asked, that homosexual sex is evil and wrong and perverted without someone trying to punish or silence me. If you don't like what I have to say, don't ask me to say it. I will tollerate you and your ideas but don't expect me to accept them as equal. I won't ask that of you either. Ain't freedom wonderful?

R J Talley

19. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Another great example of only abiding by the forum rules when they suit us.

Put this somewhere else....

20. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

This post is on the wrong place in the forum. But, since I cannot change that, here is the gist of the situation:

YOU CANNOT LEGISLATE MORALITY. (I often wish we could....)

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.