1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Shot making question ?????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by snarepeg, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snarepeg

snarepeg TS Member

DOUG.
    IFF YOU ARE LOADING 12 GUAGE/16/OR 20 PROBABLY NOT.
    ITS WHEN YOU GET TO THE 410/28 THAT IT HELPS NOT TO BRIDGE IN THE SHOT TUBE.
    IF YOU HAVE IT ,USE IT BUT IT WON/T MAKE YOU SCORES ANY BETTER OR WORSE. SNAREPEG.

2. duke76

duke76 Member

I dont graphite my shot anymore it just makes a big mess and turns my bottles black on my new 800+ PW, it flows right through it without the graphite so why waste my time doing it and getting everything black(that stuff is messy).

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

If you want nice consistant shot drops from your loader, Use it. If you don't care, I don't either.

Jim

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I use a little metallic cartridge resizing wax made by Lee. It lubes the shot and leaves no mess in the reloader and keeps the shot from oxidizing. HMB

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

I use silca for two reasons. It doesn't make a black mess and I get it for free. LOL!

Buz

6. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

One of the old theories of graphite on the shot was as the shot travels trough the forcing cones and the barrels the graphite allow the shot to align itself with out as much deformation. How plastic wads affect this, or if it has merit. I have no idea.

Ajax

7. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

if want shot to be clean and drop nice baby powder works and makes the shells smell good if you make shot with oil in cooling tank the shot will have enough oil resdue to be slick if you use antifreeze and are going to store for a long time it may oxidize but i dont think that you will keep it around that long if you do put in a dry 2 liter soda bottle and cap works to fill your shot container too rick

8. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

I'm not smart enough to follow what you're saying.

Ajax

9. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I did not use graphite at first but as I was reloading things were fine till every once and awhile the shot would not go down the tube and in the hull but all over the place after it came up from the hull. I would then put 25 LB of shot in a sealed can and 1/4 table spoon and roll the can around for about a min or two and then reload. I have not had the shot drop all over the place after graphiting the shot. To me its worth doing. I have not had a mess to deal with because I have been careful on how I handle the graphite. It just keeps the shot from sticking together and causing you trouble.

10. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

ajax the baby powder makes the shot slick like graphite but if you use oil in cooling tank there will be a little residue left on the shot unless you wash with soap ricks1

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Graphite, or some other lubricant, must have some function or it would not be used by the shot manufacturers. I could never figure out what function it might have and I never did use it.

Pat Ireland

12. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

ajax dont use too much or wont be able to see to shoot the double table spoonin 25 lb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.