1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Shooting Solution from DeVault Ind.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

I just had to show this latest work. I am very proud of my guys in the shop. We were asked by a customer to take an old Beretta 680 S Combo and do a total rib conversion for the barrels. The single barrel was the one with the solid steel rib that was very heavy and shot extremely flat. From the photos you can see that all the old rib was removed except a small strip on top of the barrel. We left that portion to allow the barrel to remain straight. New side slats were made to keep the rib in line. Under the wooden slats there is special machining done to hold and maintain the rib alignment. With the set up shown the gun will shoot 20" high in the bottom notch with stacked beads. My CAD programmer Bryan really out did himself on this project. To me it is truly a work of art. The over / under barrels shot about 9" apart before we started and they are now ther shoot within an inch of one another. With the rib in the bottom notch and stacked beads the barrels shoot 15" high. Both ribs are the same height in the back so that the stock comb will not have to be adjusted when changing barrels. The person that had the work done will be bluing the barrels and that is why they are shown unfinished. The total cost to have this work done was $ 2,800.00 for everything, expensive maybe, but cheaper than a new gun and the person knows that the gun is set up the way he requested it to be. Thank you for taking a look.

Dennis DeVault and The Crew

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=Beretta680unsingle.jpg" target="_blank"> Beretta680unsingle.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=Beretta680unsingle1.jpg" target="_blank"> Beretta680unsingle1.jpg </a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view&current=Beretta680combo.jpg" target="_blank"> Beretta680combo.jpg </a>

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Waaay cool Dennis!!!!

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Dennis I don,t sometimes agree with alot you do but you do it well .

4. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

I love that there is such a craftsman out there to do work like this, thanks for showing it!

5. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

Dennis, you guys are way to inventive (LOL)

Looks great Dennis, can't wait to have you install a new rib on my XT.

Kooz

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I like it!

ss

7. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Georgous.

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Now that's metal art........

9. Dennis DeVault

To Alf-99,

Thank you for the compliment. Hopefully it will help an old gun be useful again. Now if I can find a way to take all the misses out it will be great.

Dennis

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Did you make him a higher stock to match the rib?

11. Dennis DeVault

MIA,

We did not have to make a new stock. We matched up the dimensions of the comb where he had it set fdor the other setup and did the rest of the POI adjustments with the slope of the rib.

Dennis

12. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Dennis you are starting to give the European guy some competition on rib design. The ribs on some of the Olympic guns over there are wild these days but yours is over the top.
    Buddy

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Making the shotgun do what the customer wants!! What a concept and great job guys!! Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.