1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ANOTHER SHOOTER ON CAMPUS/ IL

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AJ100, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

5:28 PM Eastern time.

Just saw on TV that another one decided to get himself/herself some notoriety. The first reports are of 18 shot, 2 dead. Then they said 3. The news media always tries to get the story first, so they don't really care if they get ALL the facts. Just as long as they get it first. It's good for ratings. They can blame the wrong numbers on someone later. The shooter is supposed to be dead. They "don't know"(there's something you don't hear very often on the reports) if it was another suicide or if the police killed him/her. They don't know if it was a him or her.

I hope it turns out to be someone with a concealed permit that stopped it. I doubt it though because schools are "no gun" zones and law abiding people obey those laws.

This should bolster any anti 2nd Amendment campaigns in the state of IL. Not good for firearms owners. Ironic huh? The state that has the biggest event where guns are concerned( THE GRAND) is about to hear from every anti gun politician that can get his or her face on TV.

One nut goes to a school, the next one sees it on the nightly news, over and over, so he has to try it. You very seldom hear about the poor anti social, never caused any trouble, kept to himself, was such a nice boy, WACKO, just shooting himself. They always have to "make a statement" by hurting some innocent people. Damn shame.

AJ100

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Now ALL the presidential candidates are going to get on the gungrabber bandwagon.

Better get ready to block a whole bunch of feelgood legislation which is sure to be sponsored.

Gasoline on the fire.

HM

3. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

Ever wonder if these guys are suicidal, or getting paid to go after the vestal virgins. Where was the campus security finding this guy before he ever got on the stage? Just think how often this would go on if 50 legal carrying people shot his A## off instead. So much for your own security. If you can't protect yourself, who is?

Gary

4. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

"I carry because when seconds count, the police are just minutes away."

AJ100

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Is there any explanation for these whack jobs that want to kill themselves? Why do thay need to take people out when they decide to stop living? Sick assholes!

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Another success story for the "gun free zone" leftists.

7. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

They do it because they saw all the press that the Colunbine shooters got,and want to go out "in style"
    Exactly why this stuff shouldnt be publicised !

8. breakingclays99

breakingclays99 Member

A friend of mine (although I'm beginning to wonder) wrote an essay right after this happened about how guns just screw up life, and all they're good for is killing people...

It makes me sick to know that just because a shooting on campus happens, people shun guns! Why don't we ever hear the stories about when a Right-to-Carry citizen defends himself because he had a gun; he PREVENTED a murder!

Saying that guns kill people is like blaming a pencil when you spell a word incorrectly!

I think it's sad that events like these prevent people from seeing all the good that can happen with a gun. People fail to realize that trapshooting and hunting are fun and safe sports. They fail to see all the good times that can be had and the bonding that occurs with family and friends. And they fail to see the opportunity for their own self defense. It's a shame...

Anyway, this is definitely not what we need right in the midst of a presidential election.

Melissa Barthel

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

This was a very sad event. Today, we should be thinking only about the victims and their families. Next week we can fuss about what the incident might do to us.

Pat Ireland

10. bobby ward

bobby ward Member

Thank you Pat. It is a sad day for humanity not just the state of Illinois. Let us all join in thoughtful memory of the victims and prayers for the wounded and their families.....

11. BAP

BAP TS Member

When I heard about the shootings I didn't realize one of my cousins was attending classes in that building while all this was going on. It's a sad that some sicko can do this type of thing. I feel saddened by the tragic loss of life but also hate what this is going to do for the gun control freaks out there. I wish I knew a sulution to this madness.

12. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

I remember the Amish community that sustained similar suffering and its unique response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.