1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another shooter leaves us

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I just received word that long time Oxford shooter Jimmy Nelson has lost his battle with cancer late last night. Oct. 29 2009

I only knew Jim for a few years. I have shot with him and his son Kurt and they were good squad mates and good shots. Jimmy always had time to talk guns and help with any shotgun issues. He will be missed.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Condolances to the family and all of his friends ... I did not know the man but anyone who is a trapshooter is okay by me, for the most part anyway ... May he rest in Peace ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rest in Peace Jim...you were a gentleman and a great friend...my sincerest condolences and prayers to Kurt and the Nelson Family

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Im as WPT said also I didn't know him but any trapshooter lost is a lost for me and the rest of us on here!
    Im sure he will be shooting in a lot less pain in the future squadding with many other friends that lives where he does from now on.

Foggy

5. 687EELL

687EELL TS Member

Like CalvinMD, I shot with Jimmy many times at Oxford Gun Club. This is a club across the Pennsylvania line from Maryland, and I am a life member there. I will miss Jimmy, and his quiet voice when he spoke to you. He was a big man, and good friend, and I know he fought hard to beat this cancer. Last time I saw him and his son at the club was earlier this year when he came there to sell one of his beloved Perazzi's to another shooting friend who lives about 2 miles from me. Rest well my friend, and may your family rest in the knowledge that I considered you a good friend and father................Rick Johnson

6. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Attending a funeral for a friend tomorrow. This was part of her obit.

"I am standing upon the sea shore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength and I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come down to mingle with each other. Then someone at my side says "There! She's gone." Gone where? Gone from my sight-that is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side, and just as able to bear her load of living freight to the place of desti nation. Her diminished size is in me, not in her; and just at the moment when someone at my side says, "There! She's Gone," there are other eyes watching her coming and other voices ready to take up the glad shout, "There she comes!".

7. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Thanks for your thoughts. As a fellow trapshooter its good to know the effect you have on those around you. Here at Oxford we have lost several members this year that's why I love to see new kids at the club with their families. They are the future of this sport I love.

8. Janet

Janet TS Member

Sympathy to family and friends of yet again another fallen shooter. There are many more shooters awaiting him in heaven and he won't have a bit of trouble squading with the best heaven has to offer.

9. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

RIP Jim.

Condolences to the family.

Jim always had a smile and we seemed to always have a few laughs.

Adios, Dirk

10. lisalong

lisalong Member

Jim is really going to be missed. He was position 3 on our State Shoot squad, shooting right before me. I could always count on "Tater" "Big Head" (names given to him with affection by his squad mates) to be consistent in front of me. He was good for 100 every now and then, too. And you could always count on him to come home from the state shoot with a new gun. And he was the first to help if you had trouble with your gun. We're gonna miss you, good buddy.
    Lisa Long

11. roscoeparker

roscoeparker Member

Jimmy Nelson was really a nice guy, I always enjoyed talking with him and he really enjoyed shooting. When he came to the gun club, he was always smiling about something, I will miss not seeing him at oxford.My sincere sympathy goes to his family. Bill Parker, Pasadena Maryland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.