1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another shooter has passed on from IL.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by foghorn220, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok I didn't know Mr Carter at all but thought it was interesting that his Obit included that he was a member of the A.T.A. I have been to Lick Creek before years ago.

Anyway thought maybe some of you might know of him and just thought I would post his obit here since he was a shooter in the past.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/doucuments/obiturarys/?action=view&current=maxwellcarter.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foghorn

2. Kent

Kent TS Member

Sorry to hear of an Illinois shooter passing on. I live just upstream from the little burg of Lick Creek but did not know Mr. Carter. There was a J.D. Carter that shot skeet regularly at Rend Lake but I do not know of any connection. I looked his name up on the ATA website and he must be a life member with a number starting with 17. This puts him active before 1982.

3. Janet

Janet TS Member

Sympathy to family and friends of this shooter.

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

My condolences...

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I'm allways sad to hear of the passing of someone wether I know thme or not. The fact that he is a fellow shooter and Illinoian makes it a bit sadder weven tho I've never meet him. RIP

6. glcmedic118

glcmedic118 TS Member

To those who have expressed condolences in rememberance of Max Carter...Thank you. Max is a family friend and has long been a supporter and shooting enthusiast. Max faced his medical problems with courage and was looking forward to returning to work. His loss was a shock to all of us.
    To answer one other question...J.D. is his cousin and they remained very close all of Max's life. J.D. is also a fine man and a talented craftsman when working on shotguns.
    I will relay to his family when I see them that he was recognized on this post.
    Again Thank you
    Grant Capel
    Anna, Il

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.