1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another School Shooting ??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by K-GUNS, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Not sure if this is true but it was sent to me.........

Wonder why we haven't heard about this on the news?

Coach Shoots Two Attackers, Saves Two Females & Himself

A 70-year-old woman’s basketball coach was attacked in the parking lot at Martin Luther King, Jr. Senior High School in Detroit, MI while walking two players to their cars. The men were armed, but so was the coach.

The suspects approached the coach and the girls and one pulled out their gun. The coach quickly pulled out his gun and shot both suspects. One died and the other was taken to a local hospital. Both suspects attended the high school and one was recently expelled.

Both girls and the coach were unharmed.

The coach has a permit to carry and is cooperating with authorities. But this raises an important question to those who want more gun control. What would have happened to this 70-year-old man and two young females if he did not have his gun? Armed citizens save lives. Because of his gun the coach and two girls are still alive.

Sunday, March 3, 2013 on Action News 7 in Detroit MI (See Link Below)

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/man-shot-near-martin-luther-king-jr-high-school-in-detroit

2. avery53

avery53 Member

Won't be on the evening news!

3. 548

548 Guest

Outstanding! This is the way it should turn out all the time.

But was the good samaritan armed with an assault rifle and 30 round clip?
    Not according to the information you posted.

Since nobody is discussing the elimination of handguns or permits to carry, this isn't germaine to the argument of background checks, assault rifles, and extended 30 round high capacity magazines which are the real issues being discussed in Legislative chambers across the country today.

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

548 just out of curiosity what is the penalty for carrying a firearm in a gun free zone (school)?????

Do you think the coach will be charged??? You are worried about an AR 15 and 30 round magazines. So tell us are the two assailants any less injured or dead because it wasn't and AR 15.

Personally I think the two assailants may not have confronted the Coach and students if the Coach had been carrying an AR they might have thought better of trying to accost them. After all an AR is somewhat harder to conceal wouldn't you say.

Bob Lawless

5. 548

548 Guest

Bob, unfortunately I can't answer your questions with the information I have.

Regarding whether or not the assailants would be any less dead had the coach been armed with an assault rifle instead of a concealed handgun; of course not. But I'm not sure what the point is since any high capacity magazine and assault weapon legislation will certainly have the innocent victims in mind versus the recipients of legal intervention.

6. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

More to the point, what is that argument again about NOT letting teachers carry concealed to protect their students? It sure looks like the only ones hurt here were those who were hoping and planning on attacking those students.

Who said something about good people with guns stopping bad people with guns? Wasn't his name Wayne La.... You know that guy from that bunch of redneck radical gun owners called the NRA.

Yes I know it is LaPierre but to many of those willing to protect the bad guys don't seem to be able to remember a thing when it does not fit into their personal idea of an ideal world.

7. wlk

wlk Member

They didn't charge him. Happened about the same the lady in GA shot the intruder from her closet while talking to her husband. Yes he had permit to carry, but story went away quickly. But you know kids were guilty end of story.

8. ivanhoe

"But I'm not sure what the point is since any high capacity magazine and assault weapon legislation will certainly have the innocent victims in mind versus the recipients of legal intervention."

548 The innocent victims of assault weapons legislation are all law abiding citizens. The passage of assault weapons legislation will do nothing to stop the criminals. They will get them anyway legal or illegal. Those that follow the law will be the only ones to pay the price.

Yet you think it is a good idea. So much for the LEO's view. Ya that legislation has the innocent victims in mine. Your and the rest of the liberals minds. Again an action that will have no positive effect just as it didn't in 10 year ban that started in 1994. Same thing it wasn't any good then and it wouldn't be now.

Bob Lawless

9. 548

548 Guest

So why bother with laws prohibiting murder. Law abiding people are not the murders.

10. ivanhoe

548 tell us all how many laws did that little runt in Conn break before he pulled the trigger the morning of December 14, 12??? Before he killed anyone???

Are you also saying that the innocent should be punished for what they might do. It certainly reads like you are.

Bob Lawless

11. 548

548 Guest

Bob, that is exactly what I am saying. John Hinkley was not a criminal until he pumped six rounds into President Reagan, Reagan's entourage, and the secret service protecting them. Adam Lanza wasn't a criminal until he shot his way into that school and executed teachers and 6 year old kids. You name the incident, Columbine, Aurora, Pheonix, Fort Hood, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma City...... take your pick. None of those perps were criminals until that day. Background checks and limiting access to assault weapons and high cap mags is the only thing that would have reduced the death toll. Would it be a fool proof guarentee of safety to the public? No. Would it help save some innocent lives? You decide.

12. crusha

crusha TS Member

We, as a nation, prescribe antidepressant drugs to children as young as 6 years old, often from a family doctor and without any psychiatric diagnosis having been made. These drugs keep the kids somewhat manageable, some of the time.

These drugs are a band-aid to kids who have serious emotional disturbance. Mommy doesn't want to see her child "locked up," so she and the family doctor give the kid the pills, pat them on the butt, send them off to the "real world," and say "Good luck, I love you, try to make some friends today."

Like most band-aid approaches, it works...until it doesn't.

People like 548 and his gun control appeals are another type of band-aid.

There is a reason other countries don't approve these drugs for use in children. We're never going to solve the issue of "general gun violence," because I believe a certain amount of it is the cost we pay for living in a free society. But this stuff with seriously, emotionally-disturbed kids snapping and killing large numbers of people? You fix this American issue of using antidepressants as a band-aid to serious emotional disturbance in kids whose parents are, quite frankly, in denial about it...and you'll fix this issue.

If Dianne Feinstein had the balls to take on the pharmaceutical industry, she'd introduce a bill stipulating that antidepressants can only be prescribed to children younger than 18 by a doctor licensed in the specialty of mental health. Stop the band-aid denial loop these parents are in. Remove the easy way out. It's not working.

These shootings started happening in America in the 90's. Semiauto rifles were available decades before that. But the 90's is when widespread use of AD drugs in children began. It correlates perfectly. It's time to stop ignoring the reality in front of your face.

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

548 you're wrong. Of course.

Lanza killed his mother first. (illegal)

then he brought weapons on to school property (also illegal)

He was a mental defective in posession of firearms (illgal, too)

Take your crap to another forum. You either don't know shit or you're addicted to lying.

HM

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

548, a back ground check wouldn't have stopped any of the shooters you listed. Maybe Lanza, if his ma or her friends had a clue or gave a shi7.

But they didn't.

Anyone with knowledge of their gun could have done what Lanza did with 5 round mags, or even a bolt action. The poor kids had no where to go, and no one with "gun sense" to step in or protect them. Because or our PC system.

All these new schools with glass entry ways. I call them "architectual orgasms" approved by school boards with no clue about security or design. Most can't read blue prints.

My grandma could get into most schools.

15. ivanhoe

"Adam Lanza wasn't a criminal until he shot his way into that school and executed teachers and 6 year old kids."

You need to be corrected 548 Adam Lanza was a criminal before he ever got to that school. He was a criminal before he ever left home. Unless his mother died of a heart attack, four times in the head.

BTW how did Lanza have access to an AR 15 in a state with an assault weapons ban?????

Bob Lawless

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    548, quote: <i>"So why bother with laws prohibiting murder. Law abiding people are not the murders."</i>

And you're a cop?

Scary someone in such a position of power cannot understand basic concepts of law and order and the difference between a law-abiding citizen and a criminal.

17. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Aren't criminals, law abiding citizens prior to breaking the law? If criminals are basically any person that breaks any law, what does that make most people? Does not mean they have to be caught and convicted, correct?

18. cnsane

cnsane Member

Aww $h!+,, this isn't good for my self-esteem. Flyn just had to go there and make me feel bad about myself. Good thing I'm covered by that "convicted" loop-hole. On the plus side: When guns are illegal, only criminals will have guns. I'm already a criminal, according to what Flyn's hinting at. And I already own guns. So how does this coming gun grab adversly affect me.

{It's Humor}

And on the flip side of the coin: When they make it a felony for telling them to Eff themselves when they say turn in your guns there'll be a lot more unconvicted criminals out here. Face it, we are being legislated into criminals because we are a society of Outlaws. And that being human nature--an armed society is a polite society.

19. ivanhoe

"Aren't criminals, law abiding citizens prior to breaking the law?"

Well SF tell us if you own an illegal gun and have for many years are you a criminal????

The term criminal is widely misused you are a criminal if you have or are breaking laws that make you a felon. After all aren't misdemeanors the part of the law that people like you just ignore as no big deal????

Bob Lawless

20. Full N. Fuller

Full N. Fuller Member

The most serious flaw in 548's logic is his assumption that limiting magazines to 10 rounds, etc., will reduce these killings. As a friend at the club said a couple of weeks ago, "Hell, I could have walked into that school with my trap over-under and killed just as many kids and teachers before they could stop me."

And when that happens the same anti-gun idiots will be back saying "I guess it turns out we have to ban all guns after all."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.