1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Satisfied Dietl Shooting Vest Customer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 4N6PE, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

Thanks to the referrals on this site, I got a custom vest made by Chuck Dietl. Living in the same city, I was able to visit with him and get fitted.

He makes a superb garment.Thanks to craftsmen like him, we can get such a product made.What i particularly like is the removeable 1/8 " thick recoil pad which extends into the shoulder pocket.This I haven't seen elsewhere. Also, all the custom pockets for various paraphernalia are great.

Highly recommended.

Ned

2. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

Ned,

How about posting contact info for Chuck Dietel and some pics of the vest?

Thanks,
    Tom

3. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

http://www.bunkershooting.com/TheBunkerVest.html

4. porky

porky TS Member

5. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

Tom:
    I got the beige vest shown on his website, only in burgundy.That shoulder pad has a removeable insert of either 1/8" or 3/16". I tried the latter but got the 1/8" because I got more feedback when mounting.The pad shape protects the entire shoulder pocket.

He'll make whatever pockets you want. I got an insert pocket above each bellows pocket which is good for extra rounds, a choke etc.Also got the card pocket and a flap pocket for earplugs.The vest is leather trimmed and with leather patches over each shoulder for gun carry.

You will not find anything like this vest anywhere. I looked for a long time.

Ned

6. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

I'd like to thank Ned for his kind endorsement. An article I wrote on what functions a shooting vest should serve appears on shootingbunker.com along with pictures of typical features in a men's vest. I do also make vests specifically designed for ladies. Sizing and ordering information are also contained on the web site thanks to the web master, Mr. Bill Bartels.

Chuck Dietl

7. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

[​IMG]
    -

In response to several PM's that asked to see my vest, I'm posting this pic which should explain all.

Ned

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'm going to be fitted for one of these fine vests at the Spring Grand in Tucson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
charles dietl skeet

custom trap shooting vests charles dietl

dietl custom shooting vest