1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Rules Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ivanhoe, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

leadvail you asked "If you shoot at a yardage behind your assigned yardage, say the 27 instead of the 26 by mistake" If you shoot the entire event at the wrong yardage the rulebook says disqualification "d. if the shooter fails to shoot at his/her correct yardage; or

e. if the shooter has failed to have his/her Average Card punched for
    earned yardage at a prior shoot, and fails to report earned yardage
    at the time of any subsequent registration"

Now if you are talking about one post or part of one post the rulebook says "targets shot at and broken from the wrong yardage marker must be
    shot over, targets shot at from the wrong yardage marker and missed
    will be scored “LOST.”

You also said "Just doesn't make since to me. You only handicapped yourself, not helped." I t would seem so but if a shooter does this repeatedly it might lower his average(falsely) and contribute to a reduction that might be granted for in essence false scores. This would lead to the shooter taking advantage of a false average to get a reduction.

You are correct however if it is an honest mistake you are only hurting yourself. Just to make sure it is honest, the targets for that event are disqualified so that the shooter average is not falsely lowered.

Bob Lawless

2. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

You might want to check the rule book on this one If I'm not mistaken the further yardage maybe the yardage you have to shoot from now on....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.