1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another recoil reducer question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tractorboy, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

Shot a friends gun with a Rad1 installed and agree that it helps with recoil to the shoulder. However, I noticed when shooting it that while there was less recoil to the shoulder, there seemed to be a feeling that my cheek was getting jerked back with the comb as the recoil mechanism compressed. It was a hot humid day and my cheek was sweaty and would stick to the comb, but that is normal for shooting in Texas.

I only shot about 10 shots so I don't know if this would be a problem in a 100 bird event or not.

What do you folks prefer and why: a $500 Rad or a $1300 PFS or JS Air Cushion.

2. mt

mt Member

While i do not have any extensive experience with the modalities listed, there are systems that allow the comb to remain stationary during recoil. G squared and the Stock lock system both advertise this feature.

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Have a chat with Ken Rucker about his new recoil system. He's putting togather a dandy that won't "gherk" yer cheek when the gun fires. Hap

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

I prefer the PFS. It absorbs recoil and offers great stock adjustments. The cheek, if adjusted properly, will remain in place and the receiver will move backward during shooting.

Pat Ireland

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I have only shot the gra-coil by browning and the soft touch system. I did like the gra-coil system OK. It helped to take some of the kick out of the shell, and my face felt normally on stock with the adj. comb. I also tryed the soft touch with the comb and butt attached to each other. I did not like this system because it felt like it was pinching my cheek when the recoil moved the rest of the stock back but not the comb. It did a very nice job on recoil but the pinching on my cheek bothered me alot more than the recoil does. My 2 cents and your opionion my vary. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.