1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another reason to admire Tiger Woods

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by markdenis, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

hussein and his band of communists will silence or attempt to silence anything and everyone that is a threat to him.

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

7 ½'s or 8's?

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iCjN4NXPgWY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iCjN4NXPgWY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Likes to shoot,Not sure about Tiger passing Thur God's gates. I have heard he is a atheist.I may be wrong but have heard that on more than one occasion.Someone may research that, if it matters to them.It was a good speech.

Terry

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

He has a really hot wife too!

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

No such thing as an atheist in a foxhole!!

Curt

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

right on curt

[​IMG]

8. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

If you ever question a thread an email or posted statement from someone? go to snopes.com
    Heres the rest of the story. The thread above is accurate.

Origins: On 18 January 2009, golfer Tiger Woods gave the speech quoted above at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. during the HBO-televised "We Are One" event held as part of the lead-up to Barack Obama's presidential inauguration two days later. The PGA Tour web site displays the full text of Tiger Woods' speech, as does Woods' own web site (look for the 18 January item in the News Archive).

As noted in the comments added by whoever framed the speech into the e-mail forward cited above, "Not one time did Tiger mention Obama or the inauguration or the new administration"; instead, the speech given by the golf legend focused on the commitment and dedication of those who serve in the U.S. armed forces and at its conclusion called for unwavering support for the men and women in uniform. However, no evidence supports the claim that a reluctant Woods was "greatly pressured" to take part in the "We Are One" celebration or that the nature of the speech he delivered came as a surprise to the event's organizers. Woods comes from a military family (his father was an Army officer), and he was chosen to speak just before, and introduce, a performance by the U.S. Naval Glee Club, so the nature of his remarks was perfectly appropriate to the spot on the program for which he was selected.

Moreover, although Woods has drawn criticism in the press over the years for being publicly apolitical (in 1997 he turned down an invitation from former President Bill Clinton to attend an event held at New York's Shea Stadium celebrating the 50th anniversary of Jackie Robinson's breaking baseball's color barrier), after the 2008 U.S. presidential election he waxed enthusiastic about Barack Obama's victory:
    Tiger Woods isn't one to reveal his opinions on many non-golf topics. But the No. 1-ranked player in the world did weigh in on Barack Obama's election as the first African American president in United States history.

"I think it's absolutely incredible," Woods told CNBC. "He represents America. He's multiracial. I was hoping it would happen in my lifetime. My father was hoping it would happen in his lifetime, but he didn't get to see it. I'm lucky enough to have seen a person of color in the White House."

When asked by the cable news outlet how his father Earl would have reacted to Obama's election as the 44th President of the United States, Woods didn't hesitate.

"He would have cried. Absolutely. No doubt about it."
    For those who were wondering, "veritas odium parit" is Latin for "truth begets hatred," and "lex facit regem" translates as "the law makes the king."

Last updated: 14 July 2009

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Note that his comments had nothing to do with politics, rather that a person of color made it into the oval office.

10. emm2

emm2 Member

Yeah I admire his ability to hurl his clubs into the bushes when he makes a bad shot, what a sportsman.

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

If Alan Keyes were the person being sworn in as President, does anybody seriously think these people would be getting teary eyed, consulting their dead ancestors and jiggling around in a circle shouting "Thank ya Jeezus thank ya jeezus?"

Really think it out before you answer. I think they would still admit there was something nominally "significant" about it...but there would be very few teary eyes...and the savaging of the new President as an "Uncle Tom puppet of the Capitalist Oligarchy" would begin before the confetti was swept up at the inauguration party.

You cannot subtract the politics out of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.