1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ANOTHER question about Classification.. ?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hmb, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

No. HMB

2. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

No... He will Not be disquilified for being in a higher class...I am a director and I handicap a good many shoots..You would be surprised at how many shooters do not have there average cards with them..or if they do have them they do not have them filled out... usually for the first "offense" I will tell them that they need to get online and get their scores from the ATA website and I will even go so far as to tell tehm how to do this... I will then classify them in the class that I know them to be in if I know them which is quite often..(good memeory and been around this sport a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGG time)....if the same person comes trough my line again with no average card or not filled out...the BAMBI eyes and oh I forgots don't work... it is up to me as to what class I put them in.....However for yardage it is another matter...you have to determin the correct yardage...that is a little trickier...but doable...It is not hard to fill out you card and average it out...heck ask one of us handicappers we will be happy to help...at least I will and I will help out with a smile on my face for it saves me a lot of headaches down the road...

Kym Hughes

3. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Alas there is no such thing as too high a class for a singles class......too low yes but we call that target management...but that is another topic...too bad, I say for Shooter# 2 .What he has never been beat before and is now upset?? Someone new can not come out of another class and win in a new class? give the boy a bottle of warm milk a blankie and a beddy bear...

4. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

When I started shooting many years ago I hadden't filled out my card this one time as of yet at one of the big shoots in Iowa. The classifier sent me to class B and on to the 21 yard line. My Play around shooting got me introuble especially in the yardage at the time. I was known as a pretty good shooter. I got it together and wound up being advanced to class B and on to the 24 yard line. It's been several years and am making a come back after a nasty illness that took me out of shooting for several years. I will be shooting out of a wheel chair and want to see where I'll end up with that and my past shooting abilities. Pased shooting isn't as good as it was. I still have somethings to get together to make it work for me. But I'll do the best I can with what I have. At least I'm shooting again!! Rich.(inPeoria,Az.)

5. glasman

glasman TS Member

So rmngtngrl if I come to your window @ State without an AVERAGE card, what class would you put me in....What class if I did bring it? What if its blank?
    Also, what should I put as estimated class on the state entry form as I am planning on coming to your window for entries, AA or AAA.

Still looking for your punch..Lonnie is leaving me in the dust.

Jason

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Shooters without a card or with a card not completely filled out is common at classification tables. Most people classifying have access to the past average books and this can help, at least with the ATA number and possibly with the past shooting history. It is also encouraging to notice how honest these shooters typically are as they try to assist you in getting classified properly. The rule book clearly states that it is the shooters responsibility to make certain they are classified correctly.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.