1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

another POI question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mich746, Jul 30, 2013.

1. mich746

mich746 Member

I have my flat ribbed single shooting about 1" high @ 13yds. Center of bore to bead is about 3/4".
    Now I'm trying on a unsingle, the center of bore to bead is 2". If I set it to shoot 1" @13yds how is this going to effect my POI @ 35yds compared to the flat rib gun. Logic tells me it's going to be higher, but how much higher. Is the difference going to be significant?

Yeah, I know, shoot it and find the sweet spot, but it's a new gun to me and I have other variables going on. I have to start somewhere.

Some POI input on unsingles please. Mich

We'll get to the O/U part on another post,

2. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

If the goal is to find where it hits on paper, off the bench at 35 yards - then shoot the gun at paper, off the bench at 35 yards.

Mystery solved.

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Mitch, based on the dimensions you furnish, it's going to be higher: not by a lot, but enough to notice. The reason is you are comparing apples to oranges.

To figure it out exactly, you would have to provide the center line to rib dimension of the hypothetical "upper" barrel to your new unsingle.