1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another pc "derective" to Marines

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by slide action, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Another pc

Heard on the news this morning that the Marines will no longer be allowed to have tattos on their lower arms and legs, and will face "disiplinary action" up to possible discharge if they do so. I remember an old Gunny at the induction center back in 1969(they had all branches working there to collect their new recruites). He had a big Eagle/Globe/ Anchor on hid lower arm and a chest full of medals! I guess all the PC crowd will be happy. NO tattos, No " culturally offensive" shirts worn off duty etc. I guess they can all go have "sensivity training" now in lou of combat arms and tactics. Maybe a nice touch football game, or a class on deversity sensitivity in the afternoons! I guess instead of fittness training or weight lifitng they can all take Betty Crocker cooking classes! Perhaps a nice fashion show on weekends, or a home decorating seminar! You know the Marines have to be thinking "What the F#$%& is happening here"?!!

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Another pc

Or possibly a course on spelling on grammar, could be a reason for you to join.

3. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Another pc

Yo slide action, its obvious Lummper was a "clerk and a jerk".

Maltzie

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Another pc

Maltzie ... I got to hand it to you, you have proven that when you have nothing else to say you will try and insult somebody just to see your name on the screen. Its alright though I understand your type of person.

5. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Another pc

Actually Lumper..... I left the site for some time, because of arrogent, self- important, jerkoffs like you. I believe that is the trend on ts.com. Being discouraged by ass-hairs with an atitude, and posters that think they are comedians. Autonomy the main cause.

Maltzie

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Another pc

Your right Maltzie ... you are absolutely 100% right.

7. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Another pc

Oh forgot...one misspelled word for lumper and "autonomy" as in, handles independent of personal resposibility.

8. lumper

lumper TS Member

Another pc

Your right Maltzie ... you are absolutely 100% right.

9. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Another pc

That's a very strange derective to come out of Headquarters Marine Corp. I could see them forbidding Marines tatooing their faces or wearing gang signs or insignias but their arms and lower legs seems a bit extreme! This has nothing to do with inciting the enemy or a direct affect on the public at large. They surely can't use the "destruction of government property" as an directive since they allow tatoos on the upper part of the body.

Rick

P.S. Why are you Marines insulting each other for anothers opinion?

10. grammie

grammie TS Member

Another pc

Don't you guys know what this is????? Come'on!!!!

This is in tune with,,,"Winning their hearts and minds"..........

AKA Grammie...........

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

Another pc

Rico ... it is an appearance thing. When I joined many years ago if you had a tattoo that could be seen below a short sleeve shirt (either part of or all of) you had to get a waiver for it in from the recruitment command. Its all about appearance.

12. smartass

smartass TS Member

Another pc

The original poster got the story partially wrong so you folks have been arguing without the correct facts. Why bother?

13. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Another pc

Lumper, I was in back in the 70's and I never heard anything in regards to tatoos. I have a Devil Dog with "Never Again" tatoo'd under it. The problem today is many of these young guys aren't happy with one or two tatoos. Some start to cover their entire bodies, face, hands etc. I guess its a sign of the times.

Rick

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

Another pc

I know of almost know one who ever got into trouble for a tattoo and of nobody that ever had a problem getting a waiver for one to join the service and that was in the early 80's on but it was on the books. It was there for appearance purposes and could be used for tattoo's that the Corps could find offensive. In this day and age of troops still thinking that they can have there own individual freedom of expression and tattoo's being one of them I would suspect the Corps has many more problems today with various forms of "body art" than you or I saw in the past.

BTW ... I always found it kind of funny that as a military person in uniform defending our democratic form of society we did it living a semi-dictatorship lifestyle with what we were and were not allowed to do ... I never really had a problem with it but I always thought it a little ironic.

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Another pc

shootnclays; If you had been there you wouldn't ask the question.

Don

16. M-16

M-16 TS Member

Another pc

I joined the Army in 83 and tatoo's were a issue then if you wanted to be an MP.
    If you wanted to be a grunt you could get in with them. Right now most of our military is acting as police in other countries. Yes our miliary is getting to sesitive. They use to hand new recuirts stress cards if it got to bad hold them up and the DI's were sopose to leave them alone. Try training a soldier for combat and he shows you a stress card. Although our soldiers are repasenting the USA all over the world, so some thought should go into the soldiers whats on his lower arm, but the legs I havn't seen a uniform with shorts for duty yet.

SSG MP CORP RET.

17. marine_0341

marine_0341 TS Member

Another pc

I joined the Corps in 94 and already had a solid 4 inch cross on my right forearm and nothing was said and in 2001 i took my promotion photo for Ssgt in service uniform cjarlies and was selected even though the tattoo was plain as day. but i just got out september 20 2006 and I remember alot of talk about the tattoo policy and it was even in the Marine Corps Times

18. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Another pc

"I know of almost know one"?!! and YOU are the spelling police?!! Yea right! Yes, the Marines will have to follow the directive in the new "kinder , gentler" Corps, but if I had to have somebody to count on in a tight it WOULD NOT be some PC dirt bag who was a sensivity training honor graduate! This new modern pc crap is emasculating the men in todays military. Personally I don't give a rats @$$ if you think a tatto projects a certain " acceptable(according to you)image" or not. What matters is if the men wearing it(or not if it is their choice) can FIGHT! No I didn't join the corps, and I'm much too old do so now, but I have the deepest respect for the men who ARE Marines(one is my nephew) I spent nearly 25 years in the Air Force, and the pc crap they are now pushing would have Hap Arnold or Curtis Lemay rolling over in their graves! My Dad was a Marine and didn't have any Tattos, but my guess is if he was alive today, he wouldn't think much of this pc crap or the people who push it!

19. lumper

lumper TS Member

Another pc

Air Force ... that explains allot.

20. joe scout

joe scout Member

Another pc

I work for the Department of Homeland Security, believe me it's all about pc -- god forbid we would insult a terrorist !

As a Vietnam era Marine I could never see the value in having a bull dog tatooed on my arm. I guess I just wanted to be different -- sill no ink on my body ! In any case I would be more interested in how a fellow Marine could shoot and less concerned about his tatoos !

As a sniper/scout 3/9/3 Vietnam 67/68 we were told it was important that we were clean shaven and with hair trimmed because if we were a KIA it would demonstrate to the enemy that we were well disciplined Marines, not very reassuring! Have you every had your hair cut with hand clippers or shared a dull razer, once went 4 months without a regular shower. Dong Ha, Con Thien, Rockpile, Camp Caroll, Khe Sanh.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.