1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by k810329, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k810329

k810329 Member

I just got done watching the Harlan Campbell Jr. DVD i got from jktphd last month.As a extremely green and novice shooter I learned quite a bit from it.The only problem I had is that me and my son are both left handed shooters and there wasent anything addressing this.Is there anything out there that addresses the left handed shooter specifically? There are a couple of things that im a little confused on.One being hold points for a left handed shooter.Thanks
    James

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

James,

I'm a south-paw shooter as well.

When you ask about 'hold points' I am assuming you are referring as how to 'slice the pie' in relationship to L or R over the trap house roof??

David D
    feel free to e-mail (drop the X's)

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

EE,

Are you being a gunclub geezer again?

4. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

k810329:

I've not viewed the tape you mentioned but I've been a southpaw shooter for a L...O...N...G... time.

The conversion can be a bit of a nuisance but I have yet to experience instructions appropriate for right handers where the mirror image isn't applicable to us southpaws.

sissy

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

James:

Check out Hay Ohye's video called "Super Video Trapshooting II" on the link above.

It not only covers lefty shooting but also the other basics that will speed up the learning curve for you.

Some videos and other tools seem expensive but they will save you time and money reaching your goals. Taking a class from an expert is also invaluable.

Welcome to the sport, and best of luck to you!

-Gary

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Check out the Remington video. Motordoc has them for sale and there is a left handed shooter on that vid. Bulge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.