1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Model 12 Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ExFedex, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

The flat doll headed spring that goes between the barrel band and magazine tube; Is it the same size/part for 20 ga. and 12 ga.? I have always thought of it as an anti-rattle device usually missing on field guns. Thanks again.

2. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member

no.
    12 and the 16/20/28 are ever so different.
    that spring keeps the forearm from slamming up into the band when you take it down.

3. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Thank you both; I did not know the reason for the spring but had observed over the years that in most guns the spring was missing. Have seen some otherwise nice guns with the receiver scratched up in that area.

4. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member

if the band assy loosens, that spring gets pushed out the front by the forearm.
    i wish it held the forearm back when assembling. if you let go of the forearm just a little , it just spring loads it back towards the receiver. i never trust it and always hold the forearm tight when assembling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.