1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Mercedes-Benz for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by AveragEd, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I like to get some idea of what a 1985 190D diesel sedan is worth. The car has over 100,000 miles on it and was owned by a neighbor of mine, whose wife drove it to the store and church. She passed away in 2005 and it hasn't been driven since then.

It has an automatic transmission and is nowhere near as nice as Bob's but it does run well - after a battery replacement, it started right up and our son drove it about 10 miles to his home without incident. It's brown with tan leather, if that matters.

We'd like to sell it but have absolutely no idea what it's worth. I know that M-Bs can be all over the place in terms of value and although this is not what I'd call a really desirable model, it is a diesel and to some people, that's "money."

Ed

2. GD1949

GD1949 TS Member

0   0   0

This little car isn't one of the more desirable Mercedes diesels but it still should bring $1000 to $1500 on a quick sale and possibly more if you can wait for the right buyer.

George DeGennaro

3. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

0   0   0

Ed:

I had a 1986 190 D until, my at the time 17 year old son, was hit head on bt another teenage giel talking on a cell phone. He was able to walk out of the accident after the airbag deployed. I drove the car for about 6 years and had 450k miles on it. It was my third MB diesel and my 79 300 CD I put almost 700K on it.

I would have no idea what you would get for it. but I would think it would be worth more as a driver .
    I changed the oil every 3000 miles and except for living in Connecticut at the time the 300 CD would have run much longer but it started to rust out. I see the same model and year here in Charlotte and they look great but there is very little salt here since we get little snow.

Bob Gibson
    Charlotte,NC

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

0   0   0

The older Benz are great cars as are the newer ones, but damn they are brutal on the prices of parts

5. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I can't believe the number of PMs I've received about this car! That business about M-B diesels being hot commodities must be true! I guess I will sell it.

Ed

6. SCtrapshooter

SCtrapshooter TS Member

0   0   0

I've driven nothing but M-B Diesels since 1975. Seven different models all were great cars. Pricey to maintain, but hold value well. Avereged about 150K miles on each. Currently driving a 2005 E320 CDI with 135K on the odometer.will try to put 250K on this one. I wouldnt have a gas model! I'd try to get $2500 for the 190D if the cosmetics are in good shape. Good luck.

Tom McBroom

7. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I've had numerous requests for photos so I took some this afternoon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only bemish in the interior is some wear on the left bolster on the driver's seat back, which is visible in a photo. I don't believe the back seat was ever used, as the elderly couple's children were all on their own when they bought the car. It's hard to see but the car does have a factory sunroof.

All we had to do was install a new battery and it fired right up and runs well.

Ed

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

So did we go from over 100 thousand to over 230 thousand? Must have been quit a ride to church! LOL

9. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hey, I said it was "over 100" - this is the first I looked at the odometer in years. But she was a good Catholic and went to every function and service her church held!

Ed

10. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ed,

These are tough reliable cars. If you take care of them they last seemingly forever! I had a 1983 300TD station wagon with 364,000+ miles on it. The only reason I sold it I was tired of looking at it! The local guy who bought it from me 7 years ago still drives it to and from work every day! They are not very fast so not a bad car for a kid...and like the post above said, if you get hit you most likely will walk away from it.

Bob Schultz

11. Tom @ Athens

Tom @ Athens Member

0   0   0

Hi; Where is this car located ?
    Thanks; Tom

12. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ed,

Not that I object, but what has being a good Catholic have to do with a car? ;-)

Bob

13. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Tom - Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania (near Harrisburg).

Bob - nothing; it's just that Catholics are known to be more loyal to their churches than many other faiths and she was REALLY loyal; the car probably made the trip to her church five times each week and a couple more to the next closest one.

Maybe in her mind she was making up for the fact that her husband never went!

By the way, that's the condition the car is in and as you can see by the expired state inspection sticker, it's been sitting since 2005. The closest thing to a wash job has been a heavy rain and the interior has been cleaned every time a door was opened during high winds!

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.