1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another MEC problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dave P, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I bought a new MEC 9000 GN about three years ago but never assembled it because I could buy Winnies cheaper. I set it up this weekend and have one problem with the new style primer feed TRAY. I get about four strokes and the tray wants to loosen up and lower itself and I get no primer. Consequently I get the mess I had with my old one. The tightener nut on the tray is a three winged nut affair that can only be tightened so much and I'm certain a pliars would crack the plastic wing type nut. Suggestions please

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Put some tape on the tube. HMB

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

HMB: Like I said the problem is with the tray, not the t-ube. T-he way- it's made th-e tub-e can't move, but thanks anyway.

4. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

I just setup my 9000GN this weekend and I know what you're talking about with the primer tray. I have to tighten the three winged nut pretty tight. Mine has held the tray in place so far. I was temped to drill a small hole in the front plate and insert a pin, but I'll leave it alone for now. John

5. Ron(Oh)

Ron(Oh) TS Member

I ended up using a star washer, it cured the problem

6. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

That three corner nut is tougher than it looks. Loosen it, pull the tray up all the way and , while pulling up on the tray tighten the nut with channel locks. Use pledge on the tray and polish it good. It will work well all day long. Bill in northern MI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.